The kids got a special treat Thursday evening.....Uncle Kevin came to visit!!! He was driving cross-country, from CO to TN, and luckily, he fit in a 2 day stop in Alabama. (We are always happy to see Uncle Kevin, but his visit was more precious this time....since he is moving to London in a few weeks.)
Kevin is always a good sport, especially b/c Nate wants to play with him every.waking.second.of.the.day. And #1 on Nate's list: gun battles!! He barely let Kevin finish his dinner before bombarding him with bullets. And of course, Abby hadto get in on the action too.
Kevin was sweet and brought the kids some toys. Nate's mud-slinger Jeep was a big hit, as were the ramps that Uncle Kevin constructed.
Later in the day, I told Nate I liked all the ramps he & Uncle Kevin were building...
N: Me too! They are awesome.
Me: Uncle Kevin has really good ideas, doesn't he?
N: Yes! I want to BE Uncle Kevin!! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Abby loved playing & brushing the hair of her new Dora princess from Uncle Kevin. Anything with "accessories" is always a big hit with Abby!
Dora's hair changed colors in the bathtub with warm water!!
Friday morning, I took the kids to a neighbors' birthday party, while Greg & Kevin went out for a yummy breakfast at the Waysider. Nate kept asking to leave the party (keep in mind, this party had more sugary treats than any kid should ever be exposed to!) b/c he wanted to go home and play with his jeep. And Kevin :)
The kids had haircuts that afternoon, and then after dinner we went for an ice cream treat at Sweet CeCe's. And of course, Nate requested that Uncle Kevin put him to bed on Friday night. They read his favorite Avengers book, so Nate was in heaven.
I tried to get a good shot of the kids before Kevin left, but as usual, Abby wouldn't cooperate and this was the best I could do:
Thank you for visiting with us, Uncle Kevin!! The kids had a ball with you and already miss you terribly!!
Love Nate's face in that last picture, it is like...Mom can you believe he is sitting beside me!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!
So cute how much they love Uncle Kevin....and how much Uncle Kevin has grown up!! He looks a lot like Greg to me.
ReplyDeleteSo glad they had a great visit!
ReplyDeleteI giggled at Abby's Dora Doll! I had a much creepier version of that when I was a kid!