My sweet angel boy is 5 today!!
I usually recap my labor story, but this year, just click here if you want to read it. I
was one of the lucky moms, and didn’t have an awful labor & delivery. And at 9:41 pm on
August 20, 2007, I became REALLY lucky. Because I became the mom to the world’s
sweetest boy, Nathan Eric Givens!
Physically, Nate has grown and changed so much – as evident
in the below 5 pictures. (Each was taken at a past birthday party of his.) Some
things have remained the same though – like his sweet personality – and there are so
so so many things I love about my little man. So, in honor of his 5th
birthday, I thought I’d list my top five:
1. His kind heart....you will not find a sweeter boy than my Nate. To say he's thoughtful is an understatement. He is always trying to make sure I'm happy, Abby's happy, his friends are happy, etc. He just wants to make people smile. He is the best big brother Abby could hope for, and I hope one day she appreciates him! :)
2. His drive & determination....I love how when he sets his mind to something, he will not stop until it's done. Whether that be a "project" around the house, a craft he's working on, building a lego tower, or his newest endeavor...reading! He surprised us last week and successfully strung together a few sounds to "read" with Greg at bedtime.
3. How he’s always eager to please....he is always looking to me for affirmation and praise, and I love how he asks permission to do anything & everything! Both sets of his grandparents, as well as past teachers, have always commented on how much of a rule-follower he is. If you know me well, you know how happy this makes me!!
4. His smile....never have I ever taken a bad photo of this kid. His smile will light up any room, and brighten anyone’s day.
5. His sense of humor....thanks to his Daddy, he has quite a goofy sense of humor and awesome comedic timing. He loves physical humor (think: The 3 Stooges) and he loves to make his sister laugh the most. I don't think there is a sweeter sound than the two of them laughing together!
![]() |
| 5 years old |
I feel so honored to call Nate my son, and I
know his Daddy feels the same. He is such a blessing in our lives, and
continues to melt my heart a little bit more each day. Happy birthday, Nate the
Great!!
(Readers: Stay tuned for another birthday post later today!)




happy 5th! half a decade!!! he's a cutie patootie - handsome little face on that kid.
ReplyDeleteread the next post too about the gum (haha) and excited to read the one coming about the party :). happy happy!
what an awesome post, Em! Happy Birthday sweet Nate!
ReplyDelete