Saturday, July 7, 2012

Potty Training, Phase 2

Last week was "Operation: Reintroduce Abby to the Real World while wearing Big-Girl Underwear." And she did much better than I anticipated!!!

After Week 1 of filling out her sticker chart and doing so well, I gave her a "prize." This little purple puppy that talks called My Pal Violet. (Little does she know, but it was a Christmas gift that I had stashed away. Nevertheless, she loved it!)

 As you can see, it even went to the potty with her. She liked to have Violet watch her potty and she would tell her step by step what she was doing. 

Examples:
"Violet, I pull down my unnerwear."
"Now I get on da stool, Violet."
"I go pee pee now."
"Time for toi-wet paper and M&M's" 
I was so proud of Abby, all week long, during all of our activities, she would tell me every time she needed to potty! At the library, out running errands, and playing in the pool & slip-n-slide at a friends house (below)
Since she did so well, on Thursday morning, we went to the store and she got to pick out any toy she wanted as her final reward. Her sticker chart was filled up, all the M&M's were gone, and our 2 week training session was over. Nate picked up every $50+ toy he could find and kept trying to egg Abby on to pick one, but all she wanted was this $5 Minnie Mouse. (Yay for me/my wallet!)
I can say Abby is officially potty-trained and I couldn't be more proud! In fact, when we put a pull-up on her at night ....aka her "nighttime underwear," she throws a fit and says "But I not a baby!!" So I have a feeling we will be getting rid of pull-ups soon too.

So proud of my big girl! (And even happier to be a diaper-free household for the first time in 5 years!!)

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Tucker is doing well too and next week we start back to our real life! Go Abby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooohooo, so proud of you Abby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete