I am officially an aunt!!!
My little sister had her baby boy, Anderson Robert Staton, Thursday night at 7:45 pm. He came faster than all of us expected (11 days early), but he is perfect! He weighed in at 6 lbs 9 oz and was 20 inches long.
At Becky's doctor appointment on Tuesday, she was 3 cm dilated, so we knew she probably wouldn't make it till her due date on the 18th. But I did NOT expect a call on Thursday saying she was 5 cm and being admitted to the hospital!!
She called me at 11 am on Thursday, and all four of us were packed and out the door by 1:30 pm. I wanted to make it in time to be in the delivery room!! Luck was not on my side though, as we hit some awful weather south of Knoxville, and arrived at the hospital at 7:50 pm. My parents and Mike's parents were in the waiting room, and had been "kicked out" of Bec's room at 7:30 so she could start pushing. I must note....I talked to Bec multiple times during our drive and she was the.calmest.first.time.mom.ever!!!! Was doing work on her laptop, said she was in no pain what-so-ever, and was as cool as a cucumber! Not to mention gorgeous...please look at this pic. Who looks this good at 9 months pregnant!?
Bec was a champ and pushed like 3x before Anderson arrived at 7:45 pm. I am so proud of my little sis!! She is already such a great mom....so maternal and calm and confident. And Anderson is the most perfect little munchkin!
The proud parents!!! The new Staton family, party of 3
And the kids could not have been cuter with their baby cousin. Well, at least Abby....Nate was not a huge fan of Anderson. Kept a safe distance from him at all times. Abby, on the other hand, wanted to kiss his head and hold him multiple times. She also loved singing him lullabies over and over. What a cute little mommy!!I am going to be in Knoxville for another 5-6 days, helping Bec with Anderson (my parents are here as well). And husband-of-the-year took the kids to Johnson City, TN to see his parents for the week. So they are all entertained & I don't feel guilty about being here!
I'm sure I will post many many many pictures in the next few days...you've been warned. I'm sorry, I'm just a really proud aunt! And it helps when you have a super cute nephew.
(P.S. Bones, hurry up and get here!)













love it, so so so great! yaya becky!
ReplyDeleteWow the pictures! I am in awe of birthing babies. Not for me, don't tell Mom :) Bec is the greatest! I will be there soon to hold the nugget...
ReplyDeleteBecky is a birthing rock star! So exciting!
ReplyDelete