Monday, July 16, 2012

Fun in Johnson City

As I mentioned before, Greg took the kids to see his parents in East TN while I spent a week with Becky after Anderson's birth. This trip (Greg's idea actually) worked out for so many reasons:

1. Obviously, I got to spend time with my sis
2. Greg got to have help with the kids for a week
3. Mum Mum & Grandaddy got to spend some quality time with the kids

From what I've pieced together - from both stories from the kids and Greg - everyone had a ball and was go go go most days. Greg tried to update me (via pictures & texts), but our phones are so ghetto that the pictures were pretty poor quality. (So I apologize in advance!!)

When they got there Friday around lunch, they immediately went to Pal's - my most favorite place in Johnson City. Best hamburger & frenchy fries & strawberry shakes around. So this was just.pure.mean when I got this picture text:
 They went to nearby Jonesborough for dinner and for Music on the Square. Where, of course, my daughter immediately spotted the ride that looked like a hot dog. Only Abby!!
The rest of the week was a flurry of activities, including: wiffle ball in the front yard, popsicles, going to CHOM & McDonalds, playing games on the Wii, throwing leftover poppers from July 4th, playing Angry Birds, watching movies, eating lots of yummy food that Granddaddy cooked, and going to Chuck-E-Cheese.

Nate is still talking about their trip to Wetlands (water park), where he got to "swim a ton" and go down the "giant water slide!" (Which is funny b/c according to Greg, there was only one slide that he was tall enough to go down.) When I asked Abby what her favorite part of Wetlands was, she told me it was her hot dog lunch and the bite she had of Mum Mum's hamburger. No joke.

Another highlight was a trip to Fun Expeditions, where it seems as if they had a little bit of everything! Arcade games, bumper cars, putt putt, bouncy houses & slides. The kids were in heaven!



And what trip to the grandparents' would be complete without a trip to Toys R Us!? Nate wanted to point out some "ideas" for his upcoming birthday, and told Grandaddy to bring along "a plain white piece of paper with nothing on it and a pencil." Yes, he is very serious about birthday lists. Both kids walked away with a new toy as well, so they were happy campers.

A big thank you to Mum Mum & Grandaddy for having the kids over, and to my wonderful husband for allowing me to stay in Knoxville with Bec for so long! I owe you big time! :)



2 comments:

  1. I second that! A huge thank you from me too...I would not have survived without my sister here when Anderson was born. PS- Anderson says its time for a new phone with better picture quality. He needs to make sure you receive the best quality pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that Abby likes the things associated with Food! Thats my girl! :)
    Glad they had fun while you got to be with Becky!! :)

    ReplyDelete