On Sunday the 22nd, the kids' school held their annual Fall Festival. I was part of the committee once again, and although we met *quite* a few obstacles in the planning process, I was very pleased with the outcome.
| Abby, Cate, Jonesy |
One of the new additions this year was the "Dunk Tank!" I had quite a time finding faculty/staff to participate, but once they found out it wasn't a dunk tank, so much as getting water dumped on their head, I found about 10 volunteers. Even our parish's two priests participated!! (See bottom two pictures). They were all great sports, especially because it was an overcast, chilly day.
You had to pay $1 to get 3 shots on the dunk tank. Both the kids had fun trying, but did not hit the target!
Another new addition was the Cake Walk. I *loved* these things as a kid!! Abby was SO determined to win, and played about 47 times in order to do so. Finally she won, and picked out a dozen cupcakes. She was so proud!
We added props to the Photo Booth this year, and they were a big hit. Especially with Abby and all of her friends! :)
Some of the high school volunteers didn't show up to help - don't get me started - so I had to enlist a few parents to take a shift on the game stations. Greg got stuck with the Creepy Lollipop Tree. He totally changed the rules and was quizzing the kids with math questions before they could pick a lollipop! :) #nerdalert
Although we had 20+ game stations, Nate and his buds spent most of the time running around outside like wild animals :)
Abby & Mia in a fierce game of tic-tac-toe
More photo booth fun
Some of the gang Nate was running around with. Sno-cone break!
I worked really hard with these ladies for the past 2 months.
It was all worth it; we made over $12,000 for the school!



No comments:
Post a Comment