Nate had his first ever campout (with Scouts) last weekend at Camp Horne! Poor guy, it was VERY chilly and got below freezing. I was *so* glad Greg went on this trip with him and not me! :)
The whole pack met at school around 4 pm on Saturday and loaded up a trailer with their gear. I had to borrow *so* much stuff to make sure Greg & Nate were prepared! I borrowed a tent, two thermal sleeping bags, a backpack, and an air pad. Yes, Nate will have quite a few camping items on his Christmas wish list this year!
Once they got settled in their tent, it was time to head to the dining hall for dinner. Unfortunately, it was NACHOS! So gross.
Then the fun began! A hayride, shooting BB guns, hiking, doing the slingshot, making s'mores and having hot chocolate!
| Daddy bought him his first pocketknife! Nate was eager to show off his whittling skills :) |
Then settled in to bed around 10 pm. With LOTS of layers and blankets and coats! I was so worried about them all night, but they survived. Barely :)
It was so cold overnight that the battery in Greg's phone actually froze! So he didn't get many pictures of the morning activities. (I got the remainder from a friend that was there.) Too bad, because I wanted to see a picture of the CORN DOG they had for breakfast!!! Nate swears it was a corn dog, but I'm assuming it was a sausage with a pancake wrapped around it. Either way, it was nasty and both Nate/Greg agreed that they need to have better food at Camp Horne! Maybe by next year...
They built & launched rockets after breakfast and then headed home around 10 am to thaw out.
So proud of Nate for going on this adventure and having a blast!



No comments:
Post a Comment