Last Wednesday, the Givens (minus Gena) invaded Tuscaloosa! Nate & Abby were extra excited to see Uncle Kevin, Mum Mum & Granddaddy and had lots of plans :)
Thursday/Thanksgiving, Greg & Stan spent most of the day in the kitchen. (I know, I'm lucky that I don't have to do the Thanksgiving cooking!!) Abby made a "hangout" outside and had chairs & snacks for everyone. Ha!
 |
| I'm not sure why she thought her flapper costume was appropriate.... |
 |
| Showing Uncle Kevin how to use her favorite app, Musical.ly |
 |
| Our chefs! |
 |
| The only way I get in pictures these days - selfies! |
 |
| Ready to eat! |
 |
| Quite a spread! |
 |
| The whole gang (well, minus me!) |
 |
| EVERY year, he tortures me with these darn turkey legs. So gross! |
Friday (my birthday!), Greg and I did some Black Friday shopping in the morning and then I ventured off alone for a few more errands. Everyone else took the kids to a nearby playground, and then out to lunch.
 |
| Uncle Kevin was a good sport and played hopscotch, four corners, and everything else Abby came up with! |
 |
| Digging into ribs & wings at Moe's. (Gross!) |
 |
| Date night at Side by Side |
 |
| Greg got me a yummy cake! |
Saturday, after a big breakfast, Mum Mum & Granddaddy had to start the long drive back to Johnson City. Luckily, Uncle Kevin didn't have to catch his flight back to NYC until the afternoon, so we spent a few hours on the quad for Gameday!! It was one of the biggest tailgates of the year, since it was Alabama vs. Auburn.
 |
| In front of the Denny Chimes |
 |
| Can you tell who lives in Manhattan!? Ha! |
 |
| My girl. |
 |
| Nate had fun throwing the football with Uncle Kevin & Greg. |
 |
| Greg got interviewed by a reported, and was told he might be in the paper the next day. Lo and behold, he was! |
 |
This picture was in the online edition of the Tuscaloosa News. So cute!
Nate's favorite thing to do with his Daddy - wrestle!
|
 |
| Denny Chimes in the background |
 |
| Bryant Denny stadium |
We were sad to see Uncle Kevin leave, but are hopeful to see him soon for Christmas. And we are thankful for another great Thanksgiving with family!
She just had to get in that last picture, didn't she? :)
ReplyDelete