Saturday, November 5, 2016

Abby's Halloween Party

Abby's class was not allowed to wear costumes to school for Halloween (sad!), but luckily they were doing "trick-or-treating for UNICEF" a few days at school, collecting money, and I got to grab a class picture. (Abby wore an old costume; didn't want anything to happen to this year's one!)

I'm Abby's Room Mom this year, so I figured I needed to wear a costume to the class party. This is as good as it gets, people.
#smartypants
Most of the time, Abby loves having me involved in her school parties and field trips. Halloween was no exception, and she was quite the goofball. We started with snacks.....
Then it was time for games! The class was divided into 3 groups, and rotated between 3 game stations. First up for Abby: the Mystery Box!
The kids looooooooooooooved this! I had "brains" (cooked noodles) in hole #1, "fingers" (sliced hot dogs) in hole #2, and "hearts" (peeled tomatoes) in #3. Their facial expressions were priceless! They got candy based on how many right answers they had. Only one kid guessed the "hearts" correctly!
Showing off their prizes from the Mystery Box. And clearly they all had plenty of sugar that day!
I was stuck manning the Mystery Box, so I only got to see Abby play the other games from afar. This was the pumpkin beanbag toss station....

....and the Candy Corn bowling station.
Such a fun party! I love spending time with my girl and her sweet little classmates. Nothing makes me happier to walk into her classroom and hear them all say "Oh yay! It's Abby's Mom!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment