The weekend after Thanksgiving, we headed out to Murphy's Tree Farm to find our Christmas tree!! We've been going to this tree farm for 4 years, and have always found awesome trees. Well, this year, the selection was VERY limited due to the severe drought. We still found a pretty good 7 footer, but none of the trees were as full and green as years past. So sad!
 |
| The winner |
 |
| Greg had to help the guys cutting it down! |
 |
| Headed home |
 |
| That night, we had this beauty up & glowing! |
 |
| The kids did a great job on their tree in the playroom! |
If you recall, last year our tree fell down a few days after we got it. It was a complete disaster!!! We figured out it was because the trunk wasn't cut completely level, and it was sitting in the tree stand crooked. Well, we thought we fixed that by getting a neighbor to saw it off evenly for us, and then purchasing a new, heavy-duty tree stand.
Fast forward to a few days ago.....right before Greg came home from work, I noticed our tree was leaning forward a good bit. We immediately went into panic mode and this was our solution. Good ole rope!!! Praying it holds through Christmas. And I think we may a 4 footer next year. Ha!
I have finally finished wrapping all of our presents, and this beauty is still standing! Praise the Lord!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then, yesterday, we headed to the mall to see Santa. I always have the kids write a letter to Santa, with their 3 "top things" they want. It's always entertaining. (Especially when they come up with an item I've NEVER heard them talk about and I finished the Christmas shopping a month ago. Ha!)
 |
VR=Virtual Reality headset. I'm not sure why he's asking for that when he doesn't have an IPhone! Guess he plans on stealing mine.
|
 |
| There was a looooooooong line at the mall, so the kids wrote a 2nd letter to Santa. Ha! |
 |
They mailed those to the North Pole!
(And you should have heard the discussion between Nate & Greg over how the letters actually get there....whether an elf comes or there is a magic tube underneath. I'm so happy he still *believes!*)
|
 |
| Love these two :) |
 |
| Of course, Abby started telling Santa her list right away. |
 |
| It's a keeper! |
Every year, the kids ride this little train after seeing Santa. They always wait extra long to be able to sit in the front car, since that's where the bell is. Usually, they have the car to themselves, but this year, two other little shits kids hopped in as well. They hogged the bell, and at one point even broke the rope, but Nate said he & Abby "stood up for themselves" and got at least one turn :)
 |
| I wonder how long he will think this train is fun?! I'm thinking one more year..... :( |
 |
| Never a dull moment with this one. |
No comments:
Post a Comment