We had a cozy, quiet Christmas, just the 4 of us....
Santa came to visit, and left a PS4, some games, plus a jumbo Shopkins set. The kids must have been extra good this year!!
I always make them wait in Nate's room till 7 am. (I know, I'm cruel.) Then, I have to get my posed "waiting at the top of the stair picture." One day, when I have 15 years of these to look back on, I hope they will think it's cute. For now, they humor me....
I called them downstairs, and took a video of their reactions to the Santa presents. Click here to watch that.
Then, it was time for stockings!!
After stockings, we always take a break so Greg & I can fix a big breakfast. Today's menu was eggs, biscuits, sausage, and pears. Nate took that time to read all the PS4 directions, ha!
They decided they wanted to sort their presents into piles! #kidsofaprofessionalorganizer
Every year, they use their own money to buy presents for each other at the school's Christmas Shoppe. I love this little tradition and how excited they get over $1 gifts!
Uncle Kevin couldn't come see us this year, because he's busy prepping for his January wedding in Peru. But, he still managed to send some awesome gifts!
Some of Abby's other favorite gifts.....
a mermaid blanket & scrapbook kit :)
I couldn't resist these emoji pillows at Michael's.
So fitting of their personalities!
Once all the presents were opened, Greg & Nate got right to work setting up the PS4. It didn't take long before I came in the playroom to see this:
![]() |
| The PS4 is just for Nate.....sure, Greg! |
While the boys were busy playing video games, this little blonde got to work in her room! She did BOTH sets of legos from Uncle Kevin in record time. Plus she was in Shopkins heaven with all her new gifts :)
Greg fixed his famous shrimp & grits with andouille sausage for dinner. Seriously, it is TO DIE FOR. It will be the meal I ask for on my death bed. (Assuming he is still alive, ha!)
Such a relaxing day with the fam! And tomorrow morning, we head to NC to continue our Christmas celebration with extended family!





Looks like everyone was happy with gifts! Shrimp and grits looked yummy too! Now off to the races!
ReplyDelete