Thursday, January 12, 2012

These Days...

I wanted to dedicate a post to what the kids are doing these days....like, the cute little things I don't want to forget!

Abby:
-Loves to help in the kitchen...as soon as she hears me in there, banging dishes around or opening the fridge, she runs in and is trying to climb on the countertops. She loves to mix, help me cook, stir, whatever. And lately, she’s REALLY been into setting the table. (Which is nice, b/c I think the novelty of “helping Mommy” has worn off with Nate.) See, she did a pretty good job for a 2 yr old, in my opinion!

-Is obsessed with brushing her teeth! (Well, more like playing with her toothbrush)
-Is really into naming her colors these days. I would say she knows more colors than most adult males. Her favorites are blue & yellow, and she can pronounce “L’s” better than Nate. Love it. She does it in a real exaggerated fashion, purses her lips, and it’s hilarious.
-Is saying some hilarious things lately:
1.) “Whoa baby!”
2.) Yay Babby!! (yes, that is how she says her name!)

-Is more and more looking like she’s going to be a lefty. She naturally tries to eat, draw, and reach for things with her left hand.
-Has better manners than her Dad! Every other word out of her mouth is “Tank you, Mommy.” Love her!
-Has finally developed a keen sense of smell like her brother and mother. Everytime I’m cooking/baking something, she comes in the kitchen and says “mell!” and sniffs and sniffs like a dog. Hilarious.

-Is obsessed with "Olivia" books and the "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" dvd recently
-Has an uncanny ability for all things musical. She loves to sing and dance all day long, and has surprisingly good rhythm. She just learned the song "Rain Rain Go Away" and I LOVE to hear her sweet little voice (try to) sing!

-Sticks out her tongue when she's concentrating really hard, or of course, when she's dancing!

Nate:
-Has started adding "dude" to the end of his sentences (NO idea where this came from!) Funny example: Greg was in desperate need of a shave, and apparently Nate agreed b/c one morning he told his Daddy "Shave, dude!"

-Got his first progress report from school. He got good marks in almost every category, and here is what the teachers’ comments section said: "Nate has such a nice personality and good behavior. The only skill areas that could use some work are (some) letter sounds and fine motor skills. Nate is always one of the first to finish, so we are also working on slowing down."

-Insists on saying the blessing at every dinnertime. He has taught Abby “prayer hands” and is working on teaching her to do the sign of the cross correctly. Love my little Catholic schoolboy!
-Is asking for a nightly "battle" with his Dad....which can either involve 3 of our 100 guns or swords. Abby even likes to get in on the action!


-Has started "sleeping naked like Daddy" at naptime and (sometimes) bedtime. (Don't worry, he's not really naked...just sleeping in the cutest boxer briefs known to man.)
-Has begun talking in the 3rd person when he's playing with power rangers or other imaginary friends. Example: He'll be having 2 power rangers fight each other, then all of a sudden, I hear "Way to go Nate!"

I love these sweet kiddos to death!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad update! Love the pic of Abby reading with all her stuffed animals around her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture Abby running in the kitchen "smelling" with that little sassy smile! I miss those kiddos and their Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. personality posts are my fav! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I love seeing the differences between the two! I love how they sit together and love each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AR is Going to be a booty dancer one day...I can't wait! Nate will be a Catholic priest. My kid will probably be on teen mom 5. I have high hopes for our kids :)

    ReplyDelete