Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Nate!!

***DISCLAIMER: Please bear with me....my baby boy is turning 4 today and I'm one of those moms that recounts their kids' birth stories every year on their birthday. Gosh, I'm turning into my mother! (No offense, Nanny!!)

Four years ago today, my sweet baby boy was born! I had been having pretty bad back pains/contractions for two days, and was given the option to be admitted to the hospital on Friday at my 39 week appointment, since I was 4 cm dilated. For some reason, I said no and continued to labor all through the weekend. By Monday, I couldn't take it anymore and went in to be "checked" at the doctor’s office - why I did not go straight to the hospital, I'm not sure. But I just had a hard time timing my contractions and didn't want it to be false labor. The doctor checked me and I was 5 1/2 cm (!), so we went straight to the hospital. I was admitted at 3:30 pm, sent Greg home for my bag, made a few phone calls to family, and endured some pretty intense contractions until I got my epidurals at 5:30. It was smooth sailing from there, and I started "pushing" at 8:15 pm. By 9:40 pm, Nathan Eric Givens was born!! He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was perfect!

He was then, and continues to be the love of my life. I could not ask for a better son! Nate is such a gentle spirit, and takes every opportunity he can to “spoon” with me or say "I love you," which is pretty rare for a 4 year old. He’s so intuitive, hilarious, thoughtful, and kind-hearted….I just cannot say enough good things about him. He loves his little sister something fierce (as long as she’s not playing with his toys), and already seems very overprotective of her, which I just adore about him. He's got such a contagious smile and I feel lucky to have him in my life. Happy 4th birthday to my sweet angel boy…. I love you, Nate the Great!

And now, for a stroll down memory lane...

1 year old

2 years old

3 years old

4 years old

We have a FULL day planned to celebrate our little man's birthday....be sure to check back tomorrow for a full report (with pictures of course)!

1 comment:

  1. This post had me teary eyed! Happy Birthday sweet boy! We love you!

    ReplyDelete