Monday, August 8, 2011

Moving Mishaps

Here is just a small glimpse into our lives these days. And keep in mind, this is an ongoing list...

Problems so far:
1. No mailbox
2. No natural gas (=no hot water or use of the gas stove)
3. Broken disposal
4. Broken ice-maker
5. 5 rooms had electrical/wiring issues
6. No internet due to a “facility problem”
7. Washer/Dryer leaking water all over the floor
8. A/C broken upstairs (where kids rooms and master bedroom is located) – got up to 95 degrees at one point!
9. Ceiling leak upstairs

As you can probably guess, our landlord hates us and is wondering why we are calling him every hour with a new problem. But hey, this is a 50 year old house people! And no one has lived here for over a year. We are thinking the tornado from April really did a number on the house/wiring, etc and the owner just was not aware of it (since he lives in Atlanta)! Anyways, we are in the process of getting these things fixed. So far, 4 of the above issues have been resolved and 5 are still open.

Oh, and did I mention that you can hear a train in the distance every night? Usually around 3 or 4 am. In addition to the massive dog next door that likes to bark non-stop. Fun times!

And the problems are not just limited to just our rental in AL...the tenants renting our house in TN have had some issues too. We have had to call an A/C guy for them, as well as getting an electrician out there b/c one of the bedrooms blew a fuse or something and completely lost power. Oh the joys of being a property manager!


3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH... INSANE! I am so sorry! Hope you get the rest fixed. I know you are enjoying that train and dog the most... you know since you're such a sound sleeper and all! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap - I knew I hated moving but your list makes me never want to change locale again. Mom will be happy to read that I am sure :) Still have the travel itch - would be worth the hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - that is so annoying. I hope that the guy in ATL. is being nice and fixing everything - If he plays his cards right you would become his best tenants ever!

    ReplyDelete