Last weekend, we ventured out for the first time to a local park to play and have a picnic lunch. This place is great - so huge - and it has 5 different playgrounds all spread out! We opted for one in the shade :) The kids had a blast and immediately found "magic wands" to do spells with. Yes, we are a little Harry Potter crazy in this house.
And then Friday night, we attended a "Welcome Back to School Block Party" at N's school. This is normally not the thing we might go to, but like I said, we are really trying to put ourselves out there and make friends. Nate introduced us to two of his classmates, Ian & Sammy, and had fun running around with them on the football field and throwing the frisbee with Daddy. And of course the night was not complete without hunting down N's teacher, Miss Thompson. He was dying to introduce his Daddy to her. And she had such kind words for him...said he is very sweet, and all the kids like playing with him on the playground (which makes me happy b/c on more than one occasion he's told me that he "plays alone" alot). Apparently, he's being dramatic...thank goodness!
Saturday, we thought we'd try for some family time at a local pool....wrong. Turns out, it is closed already! Big bummer. For some reason, the pool follows the school schedule, so it closed last week. We were going to try to find an indoor pool in the afternoon, but I had a massive headache and Greg was hobbling around. Oh, did I mention he sprained his ankle Friday night while running??? Yes, I know...he needs to stop running in the dark. Believe me, I've told him that a million times. He is the only person I know who exercises - outside - after 10 pm.
Today, we finally got to attend mass at Holy Spirit. It is such a beautiful church and we are looking forward to being a part of the community there soon. Both kids loved the nursery and - of course - the donut social afterwards. Nate wanted to show Daddy & Abby his school & playground, so we walked over there and ended up meeting a nice family with a 2 yr old girl! So, things are looking up for us...
Oh good - maybe friend for Abby! :) Hang in there Em...
ReplyDeleteWe miss you, too!:(
ReplyDeleteYou may want to check to see if there are any MOPS groups (Mothers of Preschool Students) in the area. I have heard it a good way to get connected with other moms.:)
http://www.mops.org/
Sending some prayers your way today!
Hail Mary!!! I have heard great things about MOPS groups...look into it!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, no MOPS groups in T-Town :( Closest one is Birmingham...1 hr away. Bummer!
ReplyDelete