Friday, August 19, 2011

Team USA

Thanks to my good friend, Becca, I found a great gym for Abby to do gymnastics at! Today was our first time....we went to the "Pre-school Playtime" which is an open class they offer every Friday for kids aged 18 months-4 years old. There are a few coaches in the class, but mostly just for safety reasons. It's a parent-participation class and I had a ball with our little Mary Lou Retton! I should have known she would love it.

There were about a dozen other kids there, mostly around 2-3 yrs old, and Abby fit in perfectly. Waited her turn on the trampoline, climbed up the rock wall, jumped in the foam pit, and did some forward rolls with help from Mommy :) Surprisingly, her favorite thing to do was swing on the bars....which she insisted on doing ALL BY HERSELF! Here she is, testing it out...


Hey, I've got the "hang" of this! :)

She was also pretty fascinated by the 30 ft long trampoline. I don't think she figured out till the end of class that she could jump on it....she just preferred running super fast back & forth (a million times in a row)! I wish I could have captured the look of joy on her face....it was priceless!

The last 10 minutes of class we did a group activity, which basically meant playing with the parachute. Abby was very cautious at first - never having seen a parachute - but when the teachers asked all the girls to run underneath, she was off! I had a hard time getting her out from under there, and letting the boys have a turn. We were almost into full-on meltdown central, but luckily class was over and it was time to get stamps on hands & feet. A big hit!

We will definitely be going back next Friday....especially since it wore Miss Priss out so much that she took a 3 HOUR NAP this afternoon! Praise the Lord!!

3 comments:

  1. Nate and Abby's DadAugust 19, 2011 at 4:35 PM

    That looks like fun. Can I go next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I would love to see her in action :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would give ANYTHING to watch her! I can see that big bright smile!!!!! So glad you found a fun activity! Next up, ballet class and a tutu! HAHA

    ~HM

    ReplyDelete