Monday, August 7, 2017

First Day of School

The kids started school last week, on August 3rd.
So early, I know! But that is the norm around here, so we are used to it.

We had open house on the 2nd, and got to meet their teachers/see their classrooms. First up, Mrs. Wagner's class, whom Nate had for second grade and we LOVED! And although the kids aren't thrilled with their classes this year - most of their friends are in the other class - I am excited because they got the teachers I wanted!

Abby was excited to see her desk with all the emojis, and all the new textbooks & school supplies inside her desk.
 Nate has Mrs. Stewart for 4th grade, and only has 16 students in his class! (Abby only has 15. I love that Holy Spirit is such a small school!) The big thing about 4th grade is.....Lockers!! They are in the classroom and Nate was super excited to see his. (And I was excited to hear that we can decorate the lockers!! I know Nate will probably only want a locker shelf and maybe a small dry erase board. But man oh man, I know Abby (and I) will have fun decorating hers once she gets to 4th grade!! :)

Little dude, big desk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The kids woke up excited for the first day of school! (Which shocked me - I thought they would be super whiny because waking up at 6:15 am is quite an adjustment!)

Excited about their new lunchboxes :)

I love that Nate automatically puts his arm around Abby :)

Full of sass!

I wonder how many more years they will let me take this pic!? #soembarrassing
 They actually wanted me to walk them inside on the first day, which surprised me! 3rd graders and up get to walk to their classroom and put their backpacks outside in the hall, and then head to the gym. So Nate headed down that way with his buddy, Mason and I walked Abby directly to the gym to her find her class.
Caught these two handsome guys on my way out of the gym! #twinsies

When I picked the kids up from school, they were both full of smiles. Nate was bursting to tell me all about the color-coded binder he has to take notes and keep his classwork in! (He is SO my son.) And Abby befriended the new student, Lilou, and said she liked recess the best because that was the only time she got to talk to her bestie Mia, who is in the other class :) Could my kids be more different!?

Sounds like they will have a great school year, and I'm excited to see what adventures lie ahead for them. (And I'm excited to have my house to myself again, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment