Last week, we took the kids on one last adventure before school starts!
(Yes, I said school. They start early - August 3rd!!)
I have been wanting Abby to try a zipline, because she is fearless and I knew she'd love it. Problem is, she's tiny and doesn't meet the height/weight requirements on most ziplines. Well, I found one at the Birmingham Zoo, but it wasn't a super big one.

Turns out, that was a good thing, because she was more nervous than I thought to do it!!
She wanted Daddy to go first, so she could make sure it was safe :) And once she took that first step off the platform, she loved it!
Nate has ridden a zipline twice before, during our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. So, he was an old pro and all smiles :)
 |
| #stud |
 |
| #happygirl |
The zipline had a total of 4 platforms, and one the 2nd one, the kids literally ziplined over my head. They loved waving down at me!!
 |
| The suspension bridge |
On their last zipline, they were supposed to step off the treehouse platform and go backwards. Nate went first and got a little twisted :)
 |
| Daddy & Abby did great though! |
 |
| The brave zipliners :) |
After the zipline, we had a picnic lunch outside the zoo, and then came back in to see the animals! It was Greg's first time at the Birmingham Zoo.
 |
| The butterfly farm was so cool! |
 |
| I love Nate's stance; it's like he's ready to spring into action if need be :) |
 |
| We loved the grandpa goat on the far right. Look at those horns! |
 |
| The giraffe fit right into our family with that long neck :) |
 |
| Some of our faves |
 |
| Daddy's running twin, the ostrich |
 |
The kids LOVED all the primates! We could have stayed in that building forever.
(Especially because it had A/C!)
|
 |
| Not quite as big as an orangutan! |
 |
| She was DONE with the heat |
We rallied and got the kids some ice cream, and saw a few birds & reptiles on the way out. The flamingos are always some of my faves!
No comments:
Post a Comment