I have always told my kids.....once you hit 10 years old, that will be your last BIG birthday party. (After that, we will just celebrate with a small group of friends, do a sleepover, etc.) Well, Nate is turning 10 in just two short weeks, and we had his party on Saturday. We decided to go out with a "bang," and hired a mobile gaming truck to come all the way from Birmingham!! (Because what else do 9-10 year old boys want to do besides play video games?! I assure you....nothing.)
 |
| We made sure to take a family pic before everyone got too sweaty :) |
 |
| My boy. |
 |
| Since the party was 10-12 pm, we had brunch-y foods like sausage balls, muffins, donut holes, fruit, OJ, etc. |
 |
| My fave part of parties - the décor! |
 |
| Nate pulled me aside and said "Mommy! I see a lot of envelopes! That means gift cards!" :) |
 |
| Abby made this - all on her own - for the party. I loved it! |
 |
| Since it was an all-boy party, I let Abby invite one girlfriend. She picked our next door neighbor, Kate. |
When the boys arrived, we had them play outside for the first hour. And to no one's surprise, they spent most of the time playing football! #rolltide
 |
| My family bought a group present for Nate - a huge 7' by 7' football net with 3 targets. It's called a "QB Trainer," since Nate thinks he's going to be a QB on his new flag football team :) |
 |
| My best friend, Katie, moved to GA in July and I have missed her terribly!! Plus her adorable daughter Caroline and son Chandler. I was so happy they made the trip back home for Nate's party! Caroline is a hot mess and gets cuter every time I see her. |
 |
| Another cutie at the party was Baby Thomas! N&P loved holding him, while his boo Caroline showered him with kisses |
 |
| Trampoline fun! |
 |
| Nate the acrobat |
 |
| This pic cracks me up!!! Nate was the ref :) |
 |
| Football fun in the backyard |
 |
| Water/food break for these sweaty boys! Evers & Nate |
 |
| Super mom Katie! |
 |
| Love these silly boys singing Happy Birthday to Nate |
 |
| Make a wish! |
 |
| Finally, the game truck arrived!!! |
 |
The boys were in awe of the truck!
(And in the background, you can see the QB Trainer net I mentioned earlier. So cool!)
|
 |
| The birthday boy got to go on the truck first! |
 |
He picked his 3 besties to play Madden with
(Mason, Chan, Evers)
|
 |
The whole gang
(Love the photobomb by Kate & Abby!)
|
 |
| IN THE ZONE! |
 |
| #zombiefaces |
 |
| Abby & Kate played "Just Dance" the entire time they were on the truck! (One hour) |
 |
| #sillypose |
 |
| It was so funny, once they got off the truck, they all acted like they were blind/it was too bright :) |
 |
| Twinsies |
 |
| Evers' dad built Nate a potato canon!!! |
 |
Evers & Nate have shot these before - at Evers' house - and were happy to show all the boys how to do it.
(I was scared out of my mind!)
|
 |
| Caroline & Abby raided the goody bags :) |
 |
For some reason, the boys thought it would be fun to see who could stick their hand in the ice bucket the longest!
Chandler won, and got $1 from Poppy as his prize :)
|
 |
| Oh, how we miss Chan!! |
 |
Nate wanted me to take this picture :)
He said he was pretending to play on the controller !
|
 |
| Nanny & Poppy with their #1 grandson |
 |
| Nate racked up!! :) |
I cannot believe my "baby" boy will be turning TEN in under 2 weeks. Hard to believe he's been in our life that long! However, I can barely remember what it was like before he was.
(Sidenote: if anyone is wondering why I had Nate's party so early.....my little sister is due with baby #3 on September 4th, but notoriously has her babies early. So, I wanted to make sure N&P could be at the party instead of with Bec and baby "Jim.")
No comments:
Post a Comment