Sunday, August 27, 2017

Our Tiny Dancer

Last week, Abby started a new afterschool activity - Dance!

She took hip hop classes last Fall, and really liked them but I wanted her to try something different this year. She picked a Lyrical class and I picked Ballet. She started with Lyrical on Tuesday....can you tell she was excited!?
 She was IN her element and caught onto the choreography really fast.
Click here to watch a very short video.
Her teacher is named Miss Ashley, and there are 8 girls in the class. It is a mixture of beginner & intermediate level, so I'm excited to see what Abby learns!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Then on Wednesday, we were back for Ballet. She was not super excited for this, but I assured her she'd be good at it, and it was important to learn this technique to help her in Lyrical. Once I said she could wear a pink leotard with a tutu and I'd put her hair in a bun, she was game :)
And let me just tell you what I went through to get this girl's hair in a bun!!!! Abby has pretty thin and short hair (we are growing it out but it's a long process). I had numerous friends offer advice on how to do it, which tools to buy - yes there are tools - and then I watched no less than 6 tutorials on YouTube with Abby. She got a kick out of that, because each video started with the girl saying "This is super easy, but I will show you how to make a bun....."
I was *very* proud of that bun!!
 I registered her for Ballet level 2, because of her age. There were 4 other girls in her class, and you could tell 2 of them had taken  ballet before. Luckily, the other 2 were beginners like Abby and the teacher, Miss Jenn, was super patient with them. I am SO proud of Abby for trying something new!! She listened to every word the teacher said and was doing great by the end of class.

Does she look like a pro or what!?
My tiny dancer. Can't wait to see what the year has in store for her!
(*And for the record...she was the ONLY one wearing her hair in a bun! So I freaked out for nothing!*)

No comments:

Post a Comment