Nate's class took their 2nd field trip of the year to Shark Tooth Creek on Friday! I was lucky enough to tag along, with about 30 other parents. (No joke - in both of the first grade classes, there are around 34 kids. There were only 3 kids that did not have a parent come. And some kids had BOTH parents! I love Nate's school.)
Before we headed out to explore, Mr. Ken explained the history of Shark Tooth Creek, the farm, and the different types of fossils we may see.
We were warned we'd get wet, and that we did! We had to wade through the creek and sift through lots of rocks in the creek bed. So fun!
| He found his first shark tooth!! |
| Hard at work |
| His buddy Anthony |
![]() |
| Showing their faves to Mr. Ken |
| My boy |
![]() |
| Ooh! I see a big one! |
| I was so proud of Nate. The water was a bit chilly, but he waded right in without any complaints! (And yes, I had a change of clothes for him.) |
| Mrs. Strickland & Mrs. Turner's 1st grade classes |
After hunting for shark teeth, and riding the Shark Tooth Express (& holding on for dear life), the kids got to change into dry clothes and have a picnic lunch.
We really lucked out with the weather; it was a gorgeous day!
| Goofy boys on the Shark Tooth Express; waiting to head to "Playworld" in Mr. Ken's backyard |
| Waiting in line for the zipline! |
| There he goes! |
Before we left Playworld and headed back to the cars, Mr. Ken was being silly, and came out in a mask & costume. Nate was just a teensy bit scared :)
![]() |
| Great group!! |
I'm so thankful I get to go on these field trips with Nate. He has such a great group of friends, and the parents are pretty awesome too. I look forward to many more field trip adventures with my boy!


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I bet you two had loads of fun on your field trip. Do I ever get to go on one of these???
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome field trip! I bet he will remember that as the highlight of 1st grade. Glad you got to share that with him! Greg you need to Step in for 2nd grade.
ReplyDelete