Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy Birthday, Mom!

If you've met my mom, you know she's the best!
 
She's been my hero since I was a little kid, and still to this day, she amazes me with her strength, patience, ability to love, and kindness.
 
Well, today is her birthday and she's doing what she does best....taking care of others. She's watching my nephew this week (while my sister is on her babymoon in St. John's; jealous!) and I know she wouldn't want to spend her birthday any other way.
 
I have such fond memories of growing up....all the fun trips we took - the big ones, and the little ones. Mom was always the first one to jump in & try a new activity, even if us girls were hesitant. She's always been an "active" mom, and now it's so fun to see her as an "active" Nanny with her grandkids. We've done some crazy stuff....
Disney
White-water rafting
Myrtle Beach Half Marathon relay
Skiing in Michigan with her Mom (!)


Dancing at mine & Greg's engagement party


Cooper River Bridge Run


Opryland Hotel


Ober Gatlinburg
2008
2010
2014


Christmas 2014 - Not many 62 year olds will roller-skate, go to a trampoline park, and
play on playgrounds with their grandkids!!

Thank you, Mom, for all your do for our family! I love you and hope you have a great birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Beth! Fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute! I'm laughing through the tears! I love you. Being a Mom and a grandmother are the greatest of gifts!

    ReplyDelete