If you remember from my last post about basketball in February, it was NOT Nate's best sport :)
I reluctantly asked if he wanted to play this Winter, and to my surprise, he said yes! (Ok well, that's not entirely true. I was secretly hoping he would say yes, just to give it one more try. Besides, he would be one of the older & taller kids in the league this year. And I had a feeling the past 5 months has really worked wonders on his strength and confidence. So I pretty much told him I thought he'd be A LOT better this season and that ALL of his friends were playing and did he want to try again!? Ha! Luckily, he agreed and I am so happy he is playing this season.)
One of the kids' grandfathers is the new coach, and man, is he awesome! He's a retired police officer and he means business! He's also pretty goofy too - he gave all the kids nicknames and Nate's is Archibald. So, Coach Shockley is the perfect mix of work & play.
We have had a few practices this season, but Friday night was Nate's first game. I didn't have high hopes, but Nate really proved me wrong! I told Greg (in private) that I would be glad if Nate just SHOT the ball one time during the game. (Because he neglected to do this all.season.long last year!) Well, within the first 5 minutes of the game, Nate had attempted 6 baskets, made 2, and he grabbed a rebound!!!!!!!!!! I seriously had tears in my eyes. So proud of him :)
(Now, don't get me wrong, these pictures and videos will not reflect the next LeBron James. But Nate is light years better than he was last season, and for that I'm so so so excited!)
| Taking his first shot!!!! |
| He was SO GOOD about constantly having his hands up during defense. I think Coach really drilled this into their heads! |
| His sweet teacher came to support all the boys in her class! Nate, Mason, Ethan, Chandler, Reagan |
| Nate and our stud MVP, Chandler |
rebound & score!! (And yes that is me you hear screaming!!!! :)
Way to go Nate. Tell him his team is as good as my 6th grade team that Granddaddy called The Midgets!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gawd! He has your dad's gait. I can already tell.
ReplyDelete