Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

We had lots of family in town for the Thanksgiving holiday!
Aunt Gena arrived Sunday night (11/23), Mum Mum & Granddaddy on Tuesday, Uncle Kevin on Wednesday, and then Molly & Shan just came in for Thanksgiving Day.
 
Like I said, there were a lot of people here! :) Which also meant.....lots of people for the kids to play with. And oh, did they! I think Aunt Gena played a "My Little Pony" memory game with Abby about 105 times over those few days.
 
And Uncle Kevin was followed around by his little puppy dog, Nate, who wanted to pick his "scientist brain" about anything & everything....gravity, outer space, equations, line graphs.... 
you name it!

I came home from running errands on Tuesday, only to find that
Aunt Gena had taught Nate what "square root" means. So, in all
honesty, SHE was the one that created Nate the Math Monster, ha!
And I think for a solid 4 days he carried around a calculator after that.
Seriously.

Flying paper airplanes down the stairs with his BFF...

Abby taught Aunt Molly about her Leap Pad....

Our two chefs!

They created quite a spread!!
 
The "big people" table....

...and the "Little People" table. Clearly, Abby was NOT
thrilled with the arrangement.

UGH
 
I found some placemats the kids could color on before/after dinner
and here was Nate's :)

He had sweet tea but said "it looked like beer!"

She loooved eating off the fancy china!

The whole gang! (Minus Abby - she was too busy coloring her placemat
to be bothered with a picture!)

The Blonde BFFs

Cooking is hard work :)

I had to make it into at least one picture :)

Abby conned Aunt Gena & Molly to play the Princess Jewelry/Dress-up Game :)

 Abby wanted to show off the rainbow streamer she got for her birthday, so click here to watch her take a spin down the hallway with it. Nate did it next, and then Aunt Molly and even Daddy! I have those videos hidden on my phone - I promised I would not post them. But let me just say - they are HILARIOUS!! (And Greg's is actually a bit scary....he's really really good, ha!) 
 
The day after Thanksgiving was beautiful, so everyone (except me) headed out to a local school playground to burn off some energy :)






Most of our visitors left on Saturday morning, but Uncle Kevin's flight wasn't until Saturday night. So, lucky him!, he got to help us go cut down/pick out our Christmas tree! :) (More on that later!)
 
As always, the kids enjoyed all the extra attention last week, and we really appreciated our family driving & flying from all parts of the country to be here for Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for!!

1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful time and appreciate so much being with all of you.

    ReplyDelete