Two Thursdays ago, Nate had his yellow belt testing. It's what he has been working towards all summer! I knew he would do great because he has spent endless hours studying Tiger Rock's instructional videos on YouTube (not kidding). This kid is a born student!! :)
| So serious! |
| He caught me taking pictures of him through the window :) |
Click here to watch Nate doing his "one-step sequence" and "two-step sequence" (these are my fave!)
Click here to watch Nate doing his kicks on the paddle.
Click here to watch Nate doing his punches on the paddle.\
Nate passed with flying colors, and after the testing, we took a group picture. This was the group he was with all summer. (Some are already yellow belts from the previous year, and were testing for their green belt this night.)
| His "tough face!" LOL |
One of the reasons Nate enjoyed karate so much this summer was because his buddy from school, Anthony, was with him! Anthony was one of the first friends Nate made when we moved here 3 years ago. He is a great kid!!
| We celebrated with cupcakes the next day after school :) |
For some reason, Tiger Rock likes to do the testing one day and the actual presentation of the belts another day. I think it's because they need time to calculate all the scores, etc. So, Nate's belt ceremony was this past Friday (when all my family was in town for his birthday party!!)
Click here to watch Nate receive his yellow belt.
| Mr. Shorter signed Nate's old belt! |
| So proud of our yellow belt karate kid! |
| Aunt Lora has some impressive moves :) |
| Just a wee bit proud of himself!! |
Nate has chosen to continue with karate this Fall, so for the first time ever, we are going to skip playing soccer. This makes me a little bit sad - b/c I love soccer!! - but I left it up to him and this is really where his heart is.
Next up, the green belt! It should take him about 4-6 months to be ready for the testing, and then if he earns the green belt, he is able to use sparring gear. His ultimate goal in this, ha! I'm just so happy that he's found something that he is passionate about, is good exercise, and that I enjoy watching him do :)
WAY TO GO NATE!!!! Awesome job!
ReplyDeletewhere is my comment??!
ReplyDeletei think i said:
way to go nate! i made it to green belt in grad school, so he will be passing me soon!
maybe abby will be the soccer star with all of her feisty energy!
I'm so glad I got to see Nate receive his yellow belt. I
ReplyDeleteWIth his focus and determination, he is on his way to a green belt