Ahhhh, my sweet sweet boy is turning 7 today! Why does SEVEN sound soooo much older than six?! It just does to this momma.
I woke Nate up this morning and said "Happy birthday sweet boy" and he got a big grin on his face before he opened his eyes :) He was having a hard time waking up/getting out of bed, so as I gave him a piggy-back down the stairs (um, wow he is heavy these days!), I was telling him about the day he was born. He loves to hear this story, over and over. He came a week early, it was 104 degrees outside, my doctor was out of town, etc etc. To recap the whole story, click here. It was a great labor and an even greater day.
~~~~~~~~~~~
For Nate's 7th birthday, I want to list the Top 7 things I love most about him. (Really this list could be the Top 100 things I love, this kid is awesome!!)
1. His gentle spirit & kind heart. He is not your usual "boy"....he is sweet, sensitive, and does not have an aggressive or malicious bone in his body. I hope that never changes! He just wants everyone to get along and be happy.
2. His passion for learning. He loves school, science, reading, and asking questions! I love his little brain and his eternal quest for knowledge.
3. He is the best big brother in the world. Abby can be a bit of a....well, brat. He (usually) takes this in stride and always helps to calm her down or make her happy. He puts up with her shenanigans day in & day out, and is much more patient with her then the rest of the family :)
4. His smile. Damn he's cute!
5. His determination & focus. Whether he's working on a new lego set, learning a new karate move, or trying to perfect his reading skills, my boy is not a quitter! Love that about him and know it will serve him well throughout his life.
6. That he's a rule-follower. (Clearly he gets this trait from me!!) Nate is a born people-pleaser and follows rules to a tee. He loves a schedule, and loves to know what's happening each day. Maybe I should have gotten him a planner for his gift....
7. That he's not too cool to hug & kiss his Mommy each day. I know my days are numbered when it comes to this, so I will enjoy every last smooch I get from my big boy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I love taking a stroll down memory lane for my kids' birthdays (seriously, I was looking at pictures for over two hours yesterday), so here are ones of Nate.....enjoy!
| August 20, 2007 - the day I became a Mommy! |
| 1 week old |
| 1 year old |
| 2 years old |
![]() |
| 3 years old |
![]() |
| 4 years old |
| 5 years old |
| 6 years old |
| 7 years old |
Nate is at school today of course, but we still have a day of fun ahead of us! Stay tuned for another blog post! :)
.jpg)

Happy Birthday handsome boy!!!!!! I can NOT believe he's 7!
ReplyDeleteLove the blog post! It's so neat to see how he has changed over the years. The neck is getting longer, but he's still as cute as ever.
ReplyDeleteStill wish I could put a brick on his head and stop time. It is going too fast! Just like it did for his mother!
ReplyDelete