Friday, March 14, 2014

Soccer Time!

Words cannot describe how happy I am that soccer has started back up!!
 
**For those that don't know, soccer is my absolute favorite sport to play and to watch. This is Nate's 5th season playing, and though he's not the MVP on the team, he is getting to be pretty good. But, more importantly, he really enjoys himself on the soccer field!! (Which is quite the contrast from his disastrous basketball season this Winter. Click here if you need to remind yourself how hard that was for him to play, and for me to watch!)**
 
Nate is on the Jaquars once again, with 4 of his buddies from school and 1 other boy that was on his team last season. He has the same coach as well (we love Kylie!) and he has practices & games on Tuesday & Thursday nights at 6:30. His first practice was back on February 25th, and it was a cold one!!
Good thing Abby had her boyfriend David to keep her warm! :)

 After 5 practices, it is finally time to start playing games! Last night was Nate's first game, and everyone was pumped up! Greg came to watch too and I know how much Nate loves having his Daddy there :)
Game on!



 The game started off with a bang and our team scored two goals right away. Nate is getting more aggressive and does try to score, but usually his focus is on defense. He had one great assist and a nice block, so I went over (while he was sitting out) to tell him good job.
Mason, Nate, Alex

Of course, the obligatory "silly face" picture

My soccer stud!

"You may NOT score a goal on me!"

He was kicking the ball in here, and I think he tapped it so that he could kick it again. Pretty much against the rules but I guess he just wanted to bring it in himself. Ha!

Look at that power! LOL

I LOVE the look of determination on his face here!!
 Speaking of determination, here is a short video of Nate, hustling down the field. He was SO close to making a goal!!!

At the end of each game, parents & siblings all form a tunnel for both teams to run through. Usually this is the kids' favorite part!! (And if you look closely, you can see Abby in her aqua pants & gray skirt, attempting to be part of the tunnel as well :)

Way to go, Jaquars!!

Nate's biggest cheerleader :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love these pictures! What a great activity for Nate and your whole family! The family tunnel is super cool! And that last picture melts me!

    ReplyDelete