Sunday, March 9, 2014

Nate's World Lately

I always blog about the "big" stuff (visitors, trips, etc), but I really want to make a better effort at recording all the "little" stuff too. So, here goes!

Nate is the best big brother ever and made this book for Abby last week, all on his own. (Well, I had to spell out a few words for him, but the idea & the illustrations, etc were his.) Here is the book, in its' entirety:
 
Abby the Little Ballerina
Abby the ballerina was a little girl.
Abby was a ballerina.
Abby took ballerina classes.
Abby danced and danced.
The End.


 And each little page had the same drawing of a girl in a leotard. Too cute!!! Abby was thrilled when he presented the book to her, and it is now hidden in a "top secret" location in her room (aka the nightstand drawer).  I love that my kiddos have such a sweet relationship, and even more so, that Abby has the best big brother imaginable. I have a feeling he is going to protect her something fierce in high school when all his friends start hitting on her, ha!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Nate was invited to our neighbor's birthday party Friday night, and it was a Harry Potter marathon & sleepover!! We love love love HP at our house, and Greg & I are counting down the minutes till he can read the books on his own!!
The birthday boy, Jack (aka Harry Potter) got tricked by some "trick" candles!
Sparkler fun outside with the whole crew. Nate has his HP glasses on, ha!

Settled in and watching HP3 before bed. Can you spot Nate!?
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Then, after a loooooong nap yesterday, Nate got to go to his first Bama basketball game!! Greg won some tickets as a door prize in a race a few weeks ago, and thought this would be the perfect "Dad & Lad" date. Somehow we got the time mixed up and thought the game was at 4 pm instead of 3 pm. Oops. These two knuckleheads still had a ball and went to dinner at McDonald's on the way home.

And UA spanked Arkansas by 30 some points, so it was a good game to go to!!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Other than that, Nate is still REALLY obsessed with money, is at a 1st grade reading level (!), loves school, is taking custom-order Rainbow Loom bracelets for his "store," and has his first soccer game on Thursday.
 
Stay tuned for an "Abby's World Lately" post!

1 comment:

  1. I Love the sweet book Nate wrote for Abby. I hope she will treasure that. I think they will always have a loving relationship. Nate is protective and Abby acts adoring most of the time when she isn't trying to bother him.

    ReplyDelete