Monday, March 24, 2014

It's All Downhill From Here....

We celebrated Greg's 36th birthday yesterday, and I think he is in a state of depression now. Because of course as I like to point out - he's closer to 40 than 30 now!! Haha :)
 
We had date night at a new restaurant Saturday night, and had a great time sans kids. For local folks, you must definitely try out Twin....it's at the old Tuscaloosa Country Club. The two chefs are twins (duh) and they specialize in "sushi, steak, and whiskey." (We actually tried out some of the whiskey drinks and oh yes were they good!)


It's hard to believe we've been celebrating birthdays together for 14 years now! Check this gem out, from 2000:
(I had posted a different picture on Facebook & Instagram, but dug this one up later and thought it was hilarious!)
 Sunday morning, this little girl woke up bright & early and was ready to help make Daddy's birthday breakfast!! We made homemade waffles, bacon, pineapple & coffee cake. I asked her why she likes to cook so much and she said "Because I want to be a Mommy!" :)
 We had a lazy Sunday morning after stuffing our faces at breakfast, and then that afternoon I took the kids to a birthday/pirate party. So Greg got to enjoy some quiet time at home while we were gone (best gift ever!) :)
 The kids insisted on having a "real party" for Greg that night, so I let them take the lead on decorating the dining room. What do you think!?
 Greg requested one of his favorite dishes, Oven Tacos, for dinner. And who am I to turn down a Mexican fiesta!?
 I must note that since it was a "real party," Abby insisted on wearing a party dress and her pink shoes. Of course. Even though it was 50 outside.
We gave Daddy his favorite snobby coffee & caramel wafers....

As well as lots of cards from the kids :)

Time for dessert!!
 Every year, I seek out a new recipe (on Pinterest) for Greg's dessert. Usually it involves peanut butter because that is what he loves. Well, I will search no longer because this year I found the BEST recipe!! For Reese's Peanut Butter bars. I mean, seriously, they are sinfully good!!
Happy birthday to the hottest 36 year old I know! And the best daddy and husband too :) Greg, I hope you know how much we love you and appreciate all you do for our little family!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Bday Greg! I mean, can Abby get any cuter? and naturally Nate is as handsome as can be too!
    That pic of you and Greg,,, hit the floor laughing! So funny!
    Cant wait to try those Reese bars YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderfully relaxing birthday. You spoiled me with all that good food. I don't know why I am so obsesssed with peanut butter. I especially loved the kids "homemade" birthday cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it is Greg's post, Abby's comment totally melted my heart! Ahh! And I love the picture of the three Givens blowing out candles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kid's decorating job! they have your flair!

    ReplyDelete