While the kids were at the dentist today, I heard these 6 dreaded words and had a mini-heart attack: "This tooth is a little loose."
Of course, Nate had quite the opposite reaction and nearly jumped out of his seat with excitement.
The dentist said it may fall out in a month, or he may still have it when we go back in 6 months. But regardless, just to hear that Nate is anywhere to close to loosing his first tooth made me sad! It is one of his bottom two middle teeth that is loose. And even though I think he will look oh-so-cute with a missing tooth, it is not a look I am ready for.
Please look at this angel face. How did he grow up so fast?!
So I guess Greg and I better decide on our "Tooth Fairy Plan." I have the littleblue tooth fairy pillow I used a kid, so I know we will use that. But we need to figure out how generous our tooth fairy will be. Is fifty cents per tooth too cheap!? (We all know who I'm married to.....)
Moms with older kids, advice please! What does the Tooth Fairy at your house do?!
Please know, I am *right* there with you!!! I had a mini heart attack recently too! Mike took the boys to a farm last weekend. Giles fell into a gate and busted his lip a little. During his bath that night I noticed it got his gum & top front tooth too... and it was a tiny bit loose. And now he's w my parents for spring break! He took his first steps at their house, without me,... all I could think about was that he will possibly loose his first tooth without me too!!! :((( No idea on the TF... probably $1/tooth.... Giles has little interest in $$$ at this point. I fully expect that to change too soon too!!! Nate is adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteOh emily that picture is adorable! I could just eat him with a spoon! I'm cheap too but I also feel 50cents isn't bad I will probably do that amount. We got quarters as kids. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOh emily that picture is adorable! I could just eat him with a spoon! I'm cheap too but I also feel 50cents isn't bad I will probably do that amount. We got quarters as kids. Good luck!
ReplyDeletedamn, you have a cute kid! BTW- $5 per tooth. The boy needs to save up for his first car so don't be cheap!
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable! My sister does a dollar coin because they are fun and not seen all the time.
ReplyDeleteI remember receiving $1 in 1985 for one of my teeth. I ran a quick check on the BLS inflation calculator, and $1 in 1985 is equivalent to $2.16 today using CPI inflation.
ReplyDeleteI am still peeing my pants over Greg's comment!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreg's comment nearly made me spit my drink out. Perfect. Please give him $2.16 and explain why when he is a little older. Happy Bday Mister. Em...that last picture of Nate is perfect.
ReplyDelete