A few weeks ago, Nate's soccer season started. I neglected to take any pictures up to this point because it has been sooooo cold! It took all of my energy to just sit & watch him practice (and keep Abby warm). Seriously, it had been in the 30's and 40's and W.I.N.D.Y, and all of us on the sidelines were a sight to see. Multiple blankets, earmuffs, hoods, etc. You would have thought we were in Alaska. I readily admit I'm a wimp now when it comes to cold weather. I blame it on the (normally) hot Alabama climate!
Anyways.....
This is the 3rd season Nate has played soccer, and on the way to his game on Thursday he said "Mommy, I'm going to be more aggressive this year." (Which made me laugh out loud because he is about the least aggressive boy to ever play soccer. Ha!) He was really fired up to play in a "real" game though, because they have been practicing for a few weeks straight to ease everyone in. His team has practices every Tuesday & games every Thursday at 5:45 pm. We were able to sign-up with 3 of his buddies from school, so it's fun for Nate to have friends on the team (and for Mommy to have friends to chat with on the sidelines too)!
At the game on Thursday, Nate's team (the Eagles), came out guns a-blazing. They scored within the first few minutes....and the biggest shocker of all......Nate had the first goal! This video is hilarious because I think Nate is the one who was most surprised! :) Click here to view the video.
He had another goal in the second half, and the best part was that Greg was there to see it. He surprised us all by showing up! I wish I could have gotten a picture of the look on Nate's face. He was sooooooo excited to see Daddy!!
| My soccer star |
| Battling Pele |
| Halftime! |
| Team Cheer - Go Eagles!! |
| Great group of boys (From left: JJ, Colton, Treck, Mason, Anthony, and N) |
| Miss Priss is not a fan of sitting on the sidelines. She will definitely be playing in the Fall! |
Get it Nate!!!!! He looks so professional!
ReplyDeleteAnd Abby.. OMG .. so funny! Cole does the SAME THING! Poor babies!
sounds like nate is a natural like his momma! Go titans ;-) And Tucker started soccer, there aren't any games - but i amost brought juice boxes and orange slices to be funny, but realized that NONE of the moms on the team that i know ever played soccer, so the joke would have been totally lost. bummer.
ReplyDelete