Let me just start with this.....my parents are crazy.
They drove 9 hours (each way) to spend 1.5 days with the kids this weekend. Yes, I'm serious.
They arrived Friday around 11 and we picked the kids up early from school for a McDonald's picnic at the park. As always, the kids were thrilled to see Nanny & Poppy, and what can I say - the feeling is pretty mutual! :)
After wolfing down lunch, Abby got to swing to her heart's content. Mommy's limit is usually about 15 minutes, but N&P were happy to rotate and push her as long as she wanted. This smile can get her about anything from those two.
The park we went to recently installed some "exercise" equipment to use as well, and Nate was eager to get a workout in.....
.....and Poppy was happy to revert back to "Coach."
Nanny couldn't get enough kisses from those sweet cheeks.....
......and Abby couldn't stop showing off her pretty pink nails!
The kids got some awesome Valentine's Day presents from N&P: Nate got Raphael, the last TMNT in his set, and Abby got a musical tea set. I think this was tea party #11 here.
I have NEVER seen anyone get so excited to pull weeds. Ok, well Nate was pretty excited too.....
This pram is pretty special to me. It was given to my sister, Lora, when she was a child from our grandmother, who recently passed away. Deedee bought it at an antique store in Ohio (I think), and the 3 of us girls spent countless hours pushing our babies in it. (Ok, well... Lora & Bec pushed their babies; I probably pushed around my G.I. Joes or Transformers.) Anyways, my parents brought it to Abby this weekend and she loved taking her babies for a walk....inside and outside.
I love this picture; I told her to say "cheese" and got this sassy pose as a bonus :)
And then if you saw my previous post, we had lots of fun singing/dancing/playing with pom-poms on Friday night. Thank goodness N&P brought a whole stack of them!
Greg and I got up early Saturday to participate in the Krispy Kreme Challenge/race. Poppy came along to cheer us on and Nanny stayed home with the kids. Which was a wise decision because it was 35 degrees and windy!!!! The goal of the Challenge was to run a mile to Krispy Kreme, eat a dozen doughnuts, and then run a mile back.
If anyone knows me, they know I LOVE doughnuts. And running. I've never enjoyed the two together, so this was a first! Greg and I said ahead of time, we'd just eat 1 doughnut at the halfway point and then carry our boxes back with us. And laugh at all the people barfing from stuffing their faces. Though we didn't see anyone barf (thank goodness!), it was pretty gross to see people trying to eat so many doughnuts so fast! We made it back without any problems and had 22 doughnuts to share with the family! It was a fun memory and Poppy got some good pictures. I will post those once I get my hands on them.
The majority of Saturday was spent with the kids in their pjs, and we stayed inside the house because it was sooooo cold! We were hoping for snow, but no such luck. Instead, lots of tea parties, puzzles, lego building, whoopee cushion pranks, crafts, snuggles, and books kept us busy.
That night, Greg and I had a date, and the kids went out to Red Lobster with N&P. We came home to lots of smiles and stories from everyone. And very loud "poppers" that Poppy showed Nate how to make out of paper. (Thanks for that one, Poppy. It's the gift that keeps on giving....)
Poor, sweet Nate woke up in tears Sunday morning because N&P were already gone. (They had to make an early getaway in order to get home at a decent hour.) And while I thought Abby would be the one more upset, she seemed okay and just asked for a granola bar :)
We love our time with N&P and look forward to seeing them when they come back for Easter! And for longer than 1.5 days!
loved the gift that keeps giving! ha! oh poor nate, these boys are so sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad are certainly crazy. I so remember that baby stroller! Does it need new wheels?
ReplyDeleteLOVE THAT STROLLER :)
ReplyDeleteTell Nate I have PLENTY of weeds he can come pull, hilarious!
And... the Krispy Kreme run sounds awesome! I
Your parents are great! And I love to hear about your "limits" and your parents indulgences!
ReplyDeleteAnd hooray for date nights! It's nice sometimes not to have to pay for a babysitter!