Sorry I've been such a blogging slacker!! Here's a little catch-up post.....
Greg and I got to go "adult prom" (his words) last weekend. It was so fun! It was the annual Holy Spirit Gala, which is a major fundraiser for Nate's school. It was held at a swanky country club, complete with lots of food, drinks, and dancing! It was fun to have a date night with my handsome hubbie, and I didn't even complain that I had to wear a dress & heels :) As always, we had fun dancing together and being "Em & Greg" for a night instead of "Mom & Dad." (Some of you may not know, but the night I met Greg - almost 14 years ago - we danced the night away at a club! He's got the moves!)
I am part of an awesome MOMs Group at church, and here are (some) of the lovely ladies in my group. Don't we clean up nice!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earlier this week, Abby and I went to Valentine's-themed playdate. I decided to be festive and wear PINK, and as soon as Abby saw what I had on, she picked out her clothes so we could be "twinsies!" :) Yes, we were dorky and matched all day, but I could not get enough of that little grin of hers. And hearing her say "twinsies" 1000x!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Both kids had dress-up themed days at school this past Friday. Abby's class was studying the circus all week, so she was asked to dress as her favorite circus act. I talked her into being a "tightrope walker" and she was pleased as punch to wear a leotard to school. Nate's class was studying the letter G all week, and had to dress as a grandparent. I'm not sure why he looks more like a nerd than a grandparent; I tried! :)
Abby transformed into a beautiful butterfly when I picked her up from school that day! She loves loves loves having her face-painted! She insisted I take a picture and "send it to Daddy fast" before it rubbed off. (No worries there, it took 2 days to come off completely.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of Nate's best buds, Chandler, had an awesome superhero birthday party this weekend. As you can see, Chandler couldn't decide which superhero he liked the best! :) Each layer of cake was a different flavor too....so delish!
Chandler's mom made capes for all the kids. Here are just a few of them from Nate & Chandler's class. (She even made a pink cape for me to take home to Abby....so sweet!)
Doing their best "superhero poses"......
So, that's what we've been up to lately! In addition to making valentine's, attempting to decorate this big ole house, playing with the neighbors, and preparing for special visitors this weekend. Life is good!



I am laughing so hard Im crying at the picture of Nate as a Grandparent.. OH MY WORD... so cute and so funny!
ReplyDeleteYIPEEEEEEEEEEE for date night!!! What I wanna know is... did you back your bus up again while dancing?
The twinsies is the cutest EVER!
MISS YOU MISS YOU
Busy, busy! Abby looked adorable as a tight-rope walker!! And you two were super cute as twinsies!
ReplyDeleteThat birthday party looked so fun! Yay for fun moms!!