Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

My sweet hubbie left this for me to find on Valentine's morning. What a great way to start the day!!! He knows me well: mushy card, chocolate with caramel, and flowers-other-than-roses! :)
The kids were super excited for their goodies. After looking at these pics, I think I went a little overboard this year, ha! It was definitely a "lego-themed" holiday though.....the obsession has been passed from N to A so she had to have her own set.
And that red case below is filled with 100 wheels & axles so Nate can build multiple vehicles at once. For some reason, that is his favorite thing to build right now! Love his little brain.
Abby's favorite gift was a little cheetah, whom she appropriately named "Che-Che." She has not put it down since. 
After a breakfast of PINK pancakes, bacon, and pineapple, I took Nate to school. He was super excited to show off his valentines and eat pizza & lots of candy with his buddies. And even though it was a Thursday (and not Abby's day to go to school), they let her come in from 10:30-12 for the Valentine's lunch & party! She has the best teachers, and I just LOVED these little lovebug boxes they came home with (made from cereal boxes). 

 I was really proud of my kids....they worked extra hard on their valentines and insisted on signing their own names to all 15-20 valentines. Of course, Nate went the extra mile and wrote all of his classmates' names as well. In fact, (pardon the bragging) but Abby was the.only.kid.in.her.class that wrote her name on her valentines! Good thing she has a short name! :) And only about half of Nate's class signed their own valentines, which surprised me a bit. Guess a lot of moms got caught up in Pinterest this year and took the reigns :) (Disclaimer: Nothing against Pinterest - I use it a ton. But my kids just had really strong opinions this year about their valentines. So when they picked out store-bought ones, it was fine by me. Much faster & easier on the wallet anyways!)

My Funny Valentines
I cooked one of our favorite italian dishes for dinner, and we ate V-day cookies that the kids and I had made for dessert. All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day!

And since my parents are visiting this weekend (!), Greg & I get to have a belated Valentine's date night Saturday night. We are going to try out a new-to-us place, called Epiphany. I hear it's awesome and can't wait to try some new cuisine with my favorite food snob!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! We baby sat cousin Eden wed thru Friday. It was a really romantic holiday;)

    ReplyDelete