Nate's soccer team, the Eagles, finished their season on Thursday. Nate had so.much.fun this year and improved a ton over the course of 2 months! We worked especially hard on learning to play "defense" and I am proud to say my boy is a born defender (like his Momma)! As the season went on, he would measure his success in each game by how many "blocks" he got rather than how many goals he scored. Click here for a short video of my little defender, which was taken about 2 weeks ago.
After every game, the parents from both teams form a tunnel on the field, and we all clap for the kids as they run through. Of course, the kids love this and would do it 100x if we all stood there that long.
After the game on Thursday, Coach Elle gave out certificates and medals to each member of the team. And when she called Nate's name, she called him the "hardest working kid she's ever seen." That didn't mean much to Nate, but Greg and I were super proud!!
I'm not sure who is going to miss our Tuesday/Thursday soccer nights more, Nate or Abby. Nate cried for 15 minutes once we got to the car to go home. (Not kidding. Maybe I need to look into an indoor/winter soccer league!?) And Abby will miss playing on the sidelines with David (Anthony's little brother) and Mindy (Mason's big sister).
Some of the team went out for pizza Thursday after the game and Nate was in heaven! He didn't take off his medal the whole time, and I loved watching him bond with his little buddies. One of the dads gave him a quarter for the bubble machine & he was so thrilled.
We will definitely be playing soccer again next season! (Hurry up, March!) I'm just so glad that Nate has really taken a liking to soccer, because it's something both Greg and I grew up playing and enjoying so much. Let's just hope this continues!!
GO NATE!!!!! He should be so proud!
ReplyDeleteOMG.. Love that picture of Abby, her hair is getting so long!
Miss you!
What a great compliment from the coach!:) I think Noah enjoyed socializing this season much more than actually playing the game!
ReplyDelete