Friday, November 16, 2012

Abby's Thanksgiving Activities

Abby had her Thanksgiving program and "feast" today at school. (I use the word feast lightly because I paid $7.50 for the smallest portion of turkey dressing ever. At least Abby seemed happy...since she ate her weight in cornbread.)

Her class has been practicing these two turkey songs for weeks now. They even sent home the lyrics so we could work on them at home. And oh boy, did we ever. For the past month, Abby has insisted on singing these 2 songs before every nap and bedtime, as well as about 1,000 times in between. Good thing my girl has an adorable singing voice & they are cute songs!

The program started at 11:30, so Nate was in school and Greg couldn't come. I got there 20 minutes early and the Fellowship Hall was already pretty packed! I managed to snag a single seat at a table right up front though. And I knew the kids had been working on some turkey shirts that they painted, but the turkey feather hats were a surprise and oh-so-cute!! Abby saw me as soon as she walked on stage and could.not.stop grinning & waving!

I was really proud of her because she sang loud, knew every word, and did all the "motions" she was supposed to. Too bad her teacher didn't get the memo that she was blocking everyone's view! Click here to watch the first video.
After the first song, the class sat down and the other 2 year old sang a song. Then both classes sang a song together. Click here to watch that video, which is my personal favorite because she has to literally push her way to the front to be seen. Love my little star!!
 We had to hurry through the feast a bit to get to Nate's school on time, but I enjoyed spending the time with my girl!!



1 comment:

  1. Soooo cute, I can hear her singing, love that voice! And we paid a lot for our meal too, all ab the entertainment right?!

    ReplyDelete