I love to recap my kids' birth stories on their birthdays, so
if you want to read Abby’s, click here. Because my “baby” girl is
THREE years old today!!!! She came into this world in a flash (think: 1 month
early, very late at night, barely made it to the hospital, no time for an
epidural…..) and this girl has been non-stop ever since. She is such a
firecracker and sassy-pants and I wouldn’t change her for a second. She has
brought so much joy to our lives and I am so thankful to have such a precious girl
to call my daughter. We fight like dogs sometimes, but she loves me more than
anyone in this world and I can’t wait to see how our relationship progresses
year after year. Happy 3rd birthday, Abby Reece!!
A stroll down memory lane:
| 1 week old |
| 1 year old |
![]() |
| 2 years old |
| 3 years old |
The past few months, she’s changed so much and grown up
before our very eyes. I love it and hate it at the same time! These days….
-She loves to do puzzles (her ability amazes me sometimes;
she tries to do Nate’s puzzles, which are supposedly for 8 year olds!)
-She is scared of the front door. Yes, somehow I have
managed to raise yet another scaredy cat (I am one myself, so they come by it
honestly.) Let me explain. A few weeks ago, she was sitting in time-out by the front door. Out
of the blue, someone knocked – the UPS man – and I have never heard such
blood-curdling screams in my life. Since then, she cries & has to hold
someone’s hand every time she passes the front door. Which is oh-so-convenient
considering the stairs to go up to her room are at the front door.
-She is learning two Thanksgiving/Turkey songs at school (to perform on Nov. 16th – oh yes I will have a video camera present) and I have never heard a cuter sound in my life! Love my little girl’s sweet singing voice!
-She is getting so good at writing her name! In fact,
whenever we go somewhere (a friends’ house, an errand, etc) she tries to leave
her “signature.” Which is really just an A-b-b because she’s not so great at
the “y” yet.
-She loves to wrestle after dinner every night with her
Daddy.
-She loves loves loves potty humor. I guess I have failed as a mother because her two favorite words are fart and poop. I thought that was just supposed to be a boy thing!?
-She loves loves loves potty humor. I guess I have failed as a mother because her two favorite words are fart and poop. I thought that was just supposed to be a boy thing!?
-Every morning, she asks me “Do I go to school today?” And
if the answer is no, watch out. She is definitely going 5 mornings a week next
year!
-She loves to play “Name That Tune” with her Daddy. After
Greg whistles 2-3 notes, she always knows the answer! Music prodigy.
-She has taken after Nate and has discovered her love for drawing/crafts/coloring. Here is something she drew the other night, titled "My Fam-a-wee" :)
-She has taken after Nate and has discovered her love for drawing/crafts/coloring. Here is something she drew the other night, titled "My Fam-a-wee" :)

Wow! She has grown up so much since her two-year-old picture! It seems so gradual until you see those side-by-side! And her name-signing is impressive! Go, Abby!
ReplyDelete