I just realized I have 6 different Fall events to post about, so I will have to divide this into 2 blogposts to prevent it from getting too lengthy!
First up, I'm going to toot my own horn! I hosted Bunco for my MOMs group at church last Friday. Of course I went straight to Pinterest the minute I found out I was hosting for October. Love that site! Here are a few pics of my decor & some of the food. Everyone brought an appetizer or dessert to contribute, so as a result, we had a huge (and yummy) spread. The drinks were a-flowing as well, and I think the "Witches' Brew" I made was a big hit, since people stayed well past 11:30 pm :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Probably my favorite day of the year was on Sunday...carving pumpkins! The funny thing is, I HATE carving. I hate the goo, the seeds, scraping it all out, trying to do a good design....I hate every bit of it. But I love love love to see how "into it" Greg gets. He spends hours working on a very elaborate design, and the kids are always so excited once he's done. And "carving pumpkin day" goes hand in hand with something we call nuts & bolts, which is a homemade chex mix that Greg grew up with. Such a fun family day!
Probably my favorite day of the year was on Sunday...carving pumpkins! The funny thing is, I HATE carving. I hate the goo, the seeds, scraping it all out, trying to do a good design....I hate every bit of it. But I love love love to see how "into it" Greg gets. He spends hours working on a very elaborate design, and the kids are always so excited once he's done. And "carving pumpkin day" goes hand in hand with something we call nuts & bolts, which is a homemade chex mix that Greg grew up with. Such a fun family day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, we headed to Sorority Row on campus with some friends to meet up for early trick-or-treating. It was super windy/cold but the kids hung in there. And since they each came away with about 10 lbs of candy, I think they had a good time :)
Monday, we headed to Sorority Row on campus with some friends to meet up for early trick-or-treating. It was super windy/cold but the kids hung in there. And since they each came away with about 10 lbs of candy, I think they had a good time :)
Stay tuned for "Fall Festivities, Part 2!"
I'm going to hire Greg for Halloween next year! LOVE the blue moons in the pumpkin- such a good idea!
ReplyDeletei am with becky, you took pumpkin beer to a new level!
ReplyDeletei want a house update, with pics....please share - even if it is on shutterfly or something!!!