It’s weird...I wasn’t super sentimental when Nate turned two. I’m sure it’s because I was pregnant with Abby at the time, and knew we’d be going through these stages again. But now that my BABY GIRL is turning two, I am sad!!! She is for sure our last child, and so I really think I’m treasuring each stage that much more.
With that being said, I think the move to Alabama has been the best thing for mine & Abby’s relationship. I know that might sound strange, but we’ve really bonded since moving here...since Nate is in school every morning, we’ve gotten the chance to be alone, do fun things one-on-one, explore our new surroundings, and make new friends together. It was such a blessing in disguise that I was not able to get her into a Mother’s Day Out program when we moved here. I’ve just really treasured my time with her (well, most days)!!
This past month with Abby has been filled with more laughter than usual. I’ve said it before, but I just LOVE her personality!! She is so feisty and funny and sweet, all rolled into one little munchkin.
Tidbits from our past month:
-Every stick she finds outside turns into a magic wand. Greg has begun teaching her Harry Potter spells and they are hilarious! Her favorites are “Redacto” and “Repairo”
-She is already getting pretty good at her colors (not sure how that happened, ha!) She gets yellow right 100% of the time, and blue & green a lot as well.
-Abby has moved on from dressing up in costumes, to dressing up in her brother's clothes. She loves it!
-She has begun “whispering” in our ears to tell us secrets. Love this.
-Another adorable thing: if she wants to give you a kiss, she grabs your face with both of her hands and lays a big smackeroo on you. Sound effects and all. This is probably the cutest thing I’ve ever experienced.
-Abby has a few rituals she does most mornings with her Daddy: watching Fraggle Rock in bed, “helping” him make coffee (and getting a small lick of sugar), and sitting on his lap while watching the stock market and stealing his raisin bran. I wouldn’t say Abby’s a Daddy’s girl, but she is p.r.e.t.t.y d.a.r.n c.l.o.s.e!!
-Who knew, but she has an obsession with candy corn.
-I’ve noticed she’s using her left hand a lot more….to draw and sometimes when she eats. Maybe she’ll be a leftie/smartie like her Aunt Lora!
-The highlight of Abby’s past month has been her learning to say “I love you.” Melts me every time. (Though it takes a bit of translation b/c it sounds like “I yuh you.”)
-Abby got her first pair of Toms! No, I don't have any...but my 2 yr old does. Makes perfect sense. Thanks Aunt Bebe for the early bday present! Oh, and did I mention that they are pink corduroy!? So stinkin' cute.
A few other pics from our past month with Miss Priss:
We are having her birthday party this weekend, and I am looking forward to celebrating with family coming into town, as well as some new friends. It is going to be a “puppy party,” so stay tuned for a TON of adorable pictures :)
Happy 2nd birthday Miss Priss!! You are the light of our lives!!
happy birthday abby!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis post melts me! I re-read your labor post and die laughing thinking of Greg Givens actually SPEEDING!
ReplyDeleteI have so enjoyed watching that sweet baby girl grow up and hate that I won't be close by to continue to see her personality blossom. She is such a beautiful/fun little girl! And I agree, the grabbing the face when she kisses you is TO DIE FOR! LOVE HER! (PS. I hope she's a lefty like her boyfriend, G!).
LOVE YOU A.R. Happy Birthday!
At least if she does end up left handed, you won't have to blame it on the fact that she fractured her skull at 9 mo. old (haha does I sound like Aunt BeBe or what??). Can't wait for the puppy party! Hopefully my flights tomorrow will be better than the last time I visited :)
ReplyDeleteshe is so funny. i love the picture of her in nate's pants - too much! i gotta say i am looking forward to the stage you are in....and i was wondering if you were all done with kids ;-) thinking we are too! happy birthday abby, can't wait to see party pics.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Abby! Your daddy loves you :) I can't wait for the puppy party and the puppy chow
ReplyDeleteGreat update!:) Happy Birthday,Abby!:)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pictures of the puppy party!