Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Funnies are back!

Nate was telling me about a “Franklin” book they had read at school, about little sisters.
N: Did you know Beaver said baby sisters are stinky?
Me: Well, sometimes they are...when they have a dirty diaper.
N: And Franklin said everything would change when he got a little sister.
Me: Well that’s true. But I think it’s nice to have a little sister. Don’t you?
N: Yes! I like Abby. Keep her!!

I had a coke at lunch one day and got lectured by Nate.
N: Why are you drinking that Mommy?
Me: B/c I want to.
N: Well, you shouldn’t.
Me: Why not?
N: You need to go brush your teeth. Coca-cola will give you a lot of creepy creepies.

Everytime Abby goes to time-out (which is usually for biting or hitting Nate), I make her come out and hug/kiss Nate and say “Sorry.” This one particular afternoon, she was just NOT cooperating...
Me: Go hug your brother and say “I’m sorry.”
A: (looks at me with blank stare, but walks over to Nate)
Me: Go on, Abby!
N: Abby, this is how you hug. Put your arms around me and squeeze. And say I love you. Very nicely.

I was washing some dishes and this is the conversation I overheard at the breakfast table:
N: Abby, it’s gonna be a pretty day today!
A: Yeah!!! Bubbles!!
N: (Sighing...)Yes, Abby, I will take you outside to blow bubbles.


I put Abby down for a nap and before closing her door said...
Me: I love you, Abby!
A: I love you, DADDY! (and then she proceeds to die laughing!! What a goof!)


Every time I have to stop suddenly or slam on my brakes, I hear from the backseat: “MOMMY!!!” Yes, that is Miss Abby Reece, backseat driver extraordinaire.

Whenever Abby spots a McDonald’s sign or billboard, she points at it and screams “Bruba!!!” (whether Nate is in the car or not). Guess she knows that’s her brother’s favorite place!

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Those are so funny!!!!!!! Great pics too! PS Didn't know Greg could play!

    ReplyDelete