Monday, November 14, 2011

Abby's "Puppy Party!"

We celebrated Abby Reece's 2nd birthday this weekend, with a puppy-themed party since she is SUCH a dog lover.

We were lucky enough to have lots of family & friends join us for Abby's party.
Here's the Gibbs girls with the birthday girl!!


Aunt Bebe and Mike made a surprise appearance Friday night!

To begin the party, I had the kids decorate their "puppy beds." (I asked all the kids bring their favorite (pretend) puppy with them). Stickers + crayons = lots of happy toddlers! It was hilarious to see how intense some of them were. Serious work!



Abby could NOT keep her eyes (or hands) off our littlest guest, Miss Loa Harper. She lives 3 doors down from us and is 10 wks old. So sweet!

Then, it was time for the "Puppy Parade!" I didn't know how this would go, but the kids got really into it! Most of them even wore their puppy ear headbands (except the birthday girl, of course). They looked so cute pulling along their little puppy beds.




Then, it was time for snacks and cupcakes!! Abby was not too sure about everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to her...

While still on a sugar high, I thought we'd take the kids outside in the backyard to run off some of that energy. The new bubble machine was a hit, and luckily the weather was perfect! We enjoyed playing outside with bubbles, chalk, bikes, and balls for the rest of the party.





Of course, I got so caught up in everything that I forgot to have the kids play the "Pin the Nose on the Doggie" game. Oops! My family had fun playing it after all the guests left.

Thank you to everyone who came to the party and helped to make it a success!! And as usual, my paparazzi sister took amazing pics. Thanks Bec!

**For those that are interested, the rest of the pictures are of my "homemade" decor. I have had so much fun these past few weeks making the invitations, decorations, and thinking of puppy-themed activities. It's amazing what ideas you can find on the internet these days!

The "wall of Abby" - I had pics of Abby at ages 1 wk, 3 mo, 6 mo, 9 mo, 12 mo, 18 mo, and 2 yrs. She has changed SO much!! :(









I found these online, and immediately they became the inspiration/centerpiece for the party. Thanks, Tammy, for all your help on making these adorable paper lollies!

5 comments:

  1. so cute and creative!!! i need to start getting ideas for next year :). love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Party! SO bummed we missed but the birthday girl was Dashing! She's so beautiful! I miss all of you so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your party looked like it was so much fun! I'm glad I could help in a small way. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt you should have a party planning business :) Maybe next year Abby will get a REAL dog for her birthday! At least those don't have to be put together... I want to see pictures of that (you know what I am referring to)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing party! where's the real dog? Em, you know you want one!;) Ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete