Last week, Nanny & Poppy came in town for a few days! They picked a great time to visit....the kids had A LOT going on, so we were busy, busy, busy!
N&P arrived Thursday afternoon, and headed straight to Abby's hip-hop class. They got to see the girl doing what she does best!!
Friday, Nate had his Wax Museum at school, which I blogged about here. He did a great job as Daniel Radcliffe! Back in the days when Nanny was a teacher, her class did the Wax Museum so she loved seeing this one.
![]() |
| Celebratory ice cream after the Wax Museum |
Friday night, we had a cookout, game night, and then this little blondie got some braids so her hair would be crimped for the big performance the next day.....
Saturday, we had lunch at Cookout (for the first time - YUM!) and then headed to a nearby park to enjoy the beautiful day. Nanny & I had so much fun with the kids!!
The highlight of Nate's day was 1) tossing the football with Nanny and 2) teaching me to punt. He could not stop laughing at us! (Sidenote: I nearly pulled a muscle in my calf! Yes, I'm old.)
Right after the park, we dropped Abby off at a friend's birthday/tea party! They were asked to bring a doll to the party, but Abby brought her dog, Pippy, instead :)
They got to eat off of real china (!) and were served real tea with cream and sugar. Abby was NOT a fan of the tea! Luckily there was pink lemonade too :)
Saturday night, this little miss got to dress up as an 80's rocker chick for the Talent Show! She performed "Livin' on a Prayer" with the school choir. I blogged about it here if you want to read more.
Sunday morning, these handsome guys bundled up and participated in the Derby Dash 5K!!
| The cheerleaders :) |
![]() |
| Daddy worked on pacing Nate :) |
| WAY TO GO, NATE!!! |
| Poppy did a great job too! |
After the race, we attempted to go to brunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Another Broken Egg Café. After being told the wait was 1 hour and 45 minutes long (and that we now need an APP to put our name on the list!!!), we headed to find another spot. Apparently, a ton of restaurants are closed Sundays. Who knew?! We ended up at IHOP and I'll just say this.....it was ok. I'm not the biggest fan of IHOP but since it was close to noon, I would have eaten my arm if I had to! :)
Sunday afternoon was beautiful, so we headed to the newly renovated UA baseball stadium to catch a game. It was hotter than we expected, and the game was a little slow, so we didn't stay the whole game. But the kids liked the snacks and new playground!
Sunday night, Abby requested yet another game night. She loves having visitors because it means more games!! Nanny doesn't have a great track record with family game night, but she actually was the winner of PicWits. Go Nanny!
Monday morning, N&P had to head home after another great trip. We are thankful they always make the trip to see us!





No comments:
Post a Comment