Monday night, Abby (finally) learned how to ride her bike without training wheels!!
This was a big moment for sure, but I think it meant more to Greg than Abby. For months (well, years) now, Abby has been saying she's not interested in riding her bike. In her words, "It's boring." Which I KNOW killed Greg to hear that, since he's such an avid cyclist.
Well, over Spring Break last week, we decided it was time. She's almost 7 1/2, and sorry to compare kids, but Nate learned when he was 5 1/2 years old. Greg took her out for a few spins a few times last week, and though she did pretty well, she just wasn't trying very hard.
Then, Monday night, when we told her she could have a trip to Claire's (the jewelry/accessories store in the mall), she finally got motivated! Ha! She & Greg were outside for maybe 15 minutes and then all of a sudden I hear yelling. In a good way. I went outside to find this:
![]() |
| Something finally clicked and she got it!! |
![]() |
| Proud Daddy! |
So, true to my promise, we went to Claire's yesterday after school and she picked out make-up and root beer flavored lip gloss :) She is one of a kind, I tell ya!




I'm so very proud of her :) And now she wants to ride her bike more often and is excited about it. Who would've guessed that??
ReplyDeleteyay abby!! i like her focus. we still have to teach addy too - we have certainly slacked off on that b/c the trail-a-bike is so wonderful and easy :).
ReplyDeleteI like her focus as well. When she sets her mind to something, look out!!
ReplyDelete