Last Wednesday (the 26th), Abby's class took a trip to the Barnyard! I got to be a driver, and had a loud van full of girls. And Barbies :)
 |
| Abby is lucky to have such a good group of girls in her class! |
 |
| Circle time so we can start feeding the animals! |
 |
Abby was a little hesitant at first, but then loved feeding the animals.
Especially the goats!
|
 |
| Besties. |
 |
| Animal bestie. |
 |
| My 6-going-on-16-year old :( |
 |
| Jonesy wanted Abby to be very careful with the baby bird! |
 |
| Bunnies are always a favorite. |
 |
A new addition to the Barnyard: a rat.
Who came up with that idea?!?!?!?? SO GROSS.
|
 |
| Blonde buddies |
 |
| The piglets were SO cute! |
 |
| Abby's class - great group of kids! |
 |
| Playground fun |
 |
| Feeding the ducks |
 |
| Waiting their turn on the boat |
 |
| Only girls allowed! |
We had a lunch break at the picnic tables, and Abby opted to not sit with me. Instead, she sat a few tables down, with Jonesy, Boston, and Tanner.....later, I found out that Tanner gave her a bag of chips which is what convinced her. She's a cheap date! :)
After lunch, it was time to leave the petting zoo behind, and take a hayride to the upper farm. Lots of fun activities up there!!
The main attraction was this new thing, called the Jumping Pillow. It's basically a mix of a trampoline and a bounce house. SO COOL!
The kids had so much fun jumping, that a few of the moms that were chaperoning (including myself), hopped on for a few minutes. It was SO fun!! I will spare you those pictures :)
 |
| Waiting in line to ride the horse, Doc |
 |
| Abby is a pro now! |
 |
| She finally let me sneak in a few of the pictures! :) |
 |
| Erin, Abby, Indya |
 |
Sweet 1st grade girls!
(Well, most of the time they are sweet :)
|
 |
"Milking" a cow
(Water came out instead of milk; the kids thought it was hilarious!)
|
 |
We were having a potty break, and as we were waiting for everyone to finish,
I look over and see this. The class was "building a fire" together :)
|
 |
| Mrs. Strickland and her great kiddos |
 |
| Playground fun |
 |
| Goofballs! |
 |
| My girl :) |
 |
| The whole class buried Louie in the corn crib. He loved it! |
What a great day and great field trip. Abby was not the best-behaved (we had a few "Come to Jesus" moments), but all in all I enjoyed being with her. I know the moments where she actually wants me around are fleeting, so I will take what I can get :)
No comments:
Post a Comment