Monday, May 9, 2016

Abby's Field Day

On Friday, Abby got to participate in Field Day for the first time!! (In years past, she has only gotten to do the Spirit Run and bounce houses, since she was in PK.)
 
She had an awesome day, and was lucky enough to have at least Greg or me with her at all times. (It was SO hard not to stay with her class the whole time! But I decided to switch back & forth a few times between classes so I could help Nate's class some too.)
 
Abby's first two events: 50 yard dash & soccer dribble:
She's got skillz
 Then it was into the gym for a dribble relay and passing relay:



Roberto, Abby, David, and William acting silly :)


Snack break!


Bouncy house fun!
 Both Greg and I got to see Abby at her Spirit Run. She was so excited to finally wear her new dry-fit "running clothes," ha!




She completed all 35 laps!


#diva


Proud of our little runner!


Abby's 6th grade buddy


Their class ran one bonus lap with their 6th grade buddies!
 After the Spirit Run and more bounce house fun, it was time for lunch. They had a picnic on the playground, and Greg was with her for most of that. (I ate with Nate's class.) Then, inside for potty breaks before heading outside again....thank goodness for beautiful, 75 degree weather!
 
Abby had been looking forward to the Potato Sack race a lot, since Nate had talked it up and said it was his favorite. It did not disappoint!
David making Abby a potato sack dress :)




Afternoon snack break


Scooter relay


She shoots, she scores!
It was such a great day, and I'm glad Greg and I could watch Abby's first Field Day! She is a great kid, with a great attitude, and it's so fun to see her interact with all her little friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment