Thursday, January 14, 2016

Disney 2015: Day 3

Best decision ever was to have a lazy morning & hang at the resort! Since we had been going hard for 2 days, the kids had not yet had a chance to explore our beautiful resort. We took a stroll to the main building and this was the scenery:




 I mean, seriously!? So pretty. We met the rest of the fam, browsed in the gift shop, grabbed hot chocolate, and headed to the arcade....
 ....and the playground....
 The kids LOVED the fact that we got *free* mugs with unlimited hot chocolate! Oh, and the hammocks....they loved the hammocks.....
 Around lunch, it was time to get dressed & get ready for Epcot! Someone was just a *wee* bit excited to head to the park!!!

Love these munchkins

Waiting for the bus. Love my mom & little sis!

Abby looooooves her some Gibson!
Finally at Epcot!

Fun at Project: Tomorrow
 Lora & John headed to Epcot early that morning, so we met up with them for lunch in ....where else....Mexico! Abby tried an empanada, Nate loved the churros, and I had my best meal of the trip!
 I have an amazing friend, Jennifer, who goes to Disney every year with her family. Needless to say, she was an endless source of information for me, and helped me plan our trip so well. I knew her family was going to be in Epcot the same day as us, but had no idea we'd be eating lunch at the same place! It was so good to run into a familiar face :)

Staton Brothers

Waiting in line for Soarin'
 I had heard that Soarin' was a great ride, and it did not disappoint!!!!!! I was so glad we got a FP for it, since there was a 2 hour wait, and every single person in our party loved it. It's so nice when that happens ;)
 We split off a bit after our FP at Soarin'......the Statons plus Poppy headed to the Disney Jr. Character Spot to meet Mickey, Lora & John headed to Spaceship Earth, and the rest of us headed to Mission Space, which was a simulator for astronauts & space travel.
All smiles.....for now!

 What can I say about Mission Space, other than it was a complete disaster. Somehow, Abby / Greg / Nanny got put into one line, while me & Nate got placed into another. Nate was freaking out because he wasn't sure what the ride would be like, and if it was scary. I was 100% confident he'd be fine, since it was a frickin' simulator, so we pushed forward and waited the 30+ minutes in line. (Which, looking back, probably just added to Nate's anxiety.) When it was our turn, Nate and I got to sit in a simulator by ourselves .....which was a godsend b/c he had a full-blown panic attack once we were inside. I will spare you details, but it was rough. He hated every second of it and I felt like the worst mom ever for making him do this.

There were a few video games to play as we came out of the ride, so that helped calm him down. And we met up with the Statons for a beer, and that helped me :)
 Then, it was almost time for dinner, so the whole gang had to meet up again. We found each other between France & England, shared stories & drinks, and a few pictures too....


This grey goose slushie was highly recommended and oh so good!

We took a walkway leaving Epcot to head to our dinner spot....Cape May Cafe....

Cape May Cafe was a surprisingly delicious seafood buffet! Greg taught the kids how to crack crab legs....

Beautiful sights in the lobby.....

Headed back into Epcot to head home....

Love this group!



Once back at the resort, we checked out the cool fold-out bed in Anderson's room before heading back to our own. What a day!!


1 comment: