Sunday, January 10, 2016

Disney 2015: Day 1

A Disney post....finally!!!

If you're wondering what took so long - considering we went almost a month ago! - it's that I was trying my hardest to not put all 700 pictures on here. And cutting them down took a long time because there are SO many great pictures!!! (Just be grateful that my little sis wasn't behind the camera on this trip - there would have been 7,000 pictures! LOL - love you, Bec!)

Backing up a bit....on Wednesday the 16th, my family drove to Ocala, FL and spent the night. We had a long day of driving, but these two were happy as could be!

 Then on Thursday, we drove the remaining hour & a half and saw this beautiful sight!!!
 Becky & her family had arrived the day before, so we met them at the bus stop at our resort, Caribbean Beach Resort. The kids were oh so excited to see their cousins & hop on the bus to Hollywood Studios!!!

Just a *tad* excited!

Our first dining reservation of the trip was breakfast at Hollywood & Vine:
 
Abby was thrilled to see her first princess, and Anderson was pumped to meet one of his faves, Handy Manny. (And Nate was a trooper through it all). Actually, the first character that visited us was Doc McStuffins, and it was a bit of a disaster.....Anderson didn't give her the time of day because he was starving and stuffing his face with pancakes, while Abby got her finger caught in the zipper of her coat - trying to take it off to look cute for the picture - and hence, the crying picture. Good times!
After breakfast, we walked outside and met......Nanny & Poppy! They had just arrived from the airport and were ready to have fun with their four favorite grandkids!!!
First FastPass: Star Tours! Everyone loved it!
Honey I Shrunk the Kids! playground was a huge hit

Next FastPass: Toy Story Midway Mania....so fun!
 We were told the weather might be a little crazy in December in Florida, and boy were they right! This particular day I think it hit 87 degrees. Which means....ice cream for lunch!!

*Strollers are lifesavers*


Gibson loves his Poppy! And his beard :)
 Our next FastPass was for the Frozen Sing-a-Long (which by the way, is a waste of a FP. I think our seats were only marginally better). I was really looking forward to this, as was Abby!
The kids were mesmerized; Aunt Bebe was clearly a fan too :)
Elsa & Anna!
At the end, there was snow (or, bubbles)!! We had no idea and the kids went crazy!!!
This is when we started to split off.... The Staton Family (Bec, Mike, Anderson, and Gibson) headed back to the resort , Greg & Nate went to ride a roller coaster (more on that later!!) and then the remaining 4 of us headed to ride the Great Movie Ride, for the second time that day. Abby loved it, especially the Wizard of Oz part.



Ok, so a little background info about roller coasters. Going into this trip, I was pretty concerned that Nate would wimp out and not ride anything.. After all, he is my son and I'm a huge wimp! He told Greg he wanted to go on the Rockin' Roller Coaster, so they did. I think one of his friends had told him it was fun, and he didn't really know what to expect since he's never.been.on.a.roller.coaster.before.....


#notfeelingit
Well, apparently, this roller coaster went upside down. Greg had no clue, and obviously I didn't either because I would have NEVER allowed him to go on. Parenting fail! When we met up with them for dinner, Nate was very talkative about the roller coaster and said it was scary, but he had fun. You could tell he was super proud of himself. And of course, I was completely surprised he did it! I was sure this would mean he would be a trooper for the rest of the trip. #wrong! Stay tuned for more of that story as the week goes on.....

After dinner at ABC Commissary, we stumbled upon these amazing Christmas lights, and I'm so glad we did! Apparently, it's the last year the Osborne Lights will be around. They were breathtaking!!! The only downside is that it was suuuuuper crowded & it was hard to walk through them all.






 After a bit of claustrophobia, we made it through and started to exit the park. One more picture before leaving Hollywood Studios!
 After a loooong trek back to the bus stop, we checked in at the main building of our resort, and finally made it to our room around 9 pm! These two had a little surprise from Mickey (cough, Mommy) and were super excited!

Time to hit the sack and prepare for Day #2, when the rest of our party were due to arrive (Aunt Lora & Uncle John)!


1 comment:

  1. Great job picking pictures and writing commentary! I think my favorite part of that day was the lights, least favorite was the STar Wars ride.

    ReplyDelete