"Camp Nanny & Poppy" is something my parents started 4 years ago, where the grandkids (well, just Nate initially) get to spend a few days at their house in NC without any parents. Not as many rules, and lots more fun!! So obviously, my kids look forward to this every summer. (And so do I!)
The one requirement to attend Camp N&P is that you are potty-trained, so this was Anderson's first summer to go!!
But first, Nate & Abby got a few days alone with N&P. They rode home with them from the beach on Sunday, stopping at a few fruit stands and enjoying homemade ice cream along the way. Yum!
| #selfies with Poppy |
Monday morning, Abby jumped at the opportunity to go to the carwash with Poppy. Usually this is Nate's favorite thing to do, but apparently Blondie wanted in on the action too. Her reward for helping to vacuum & clean the car?! A stick of gum :)
Then it was time to go the pool! (This is the neighborhood pool I grew up going to every summer.... I have such fond memories there; we'd spend all summer there with our family, friends, and doing swim team.)
![]() |
| Abby's first time on the diving board! |
That afternoon, they went to the new Minions movie. And I'm told that Abby hogged the popcorn & coke, as usual. Good thing she's cute!
Tuesday morning, they were off to Dan Nicholas park, which is in Salisbury, NC and about an hour away. Here, they got to play on the playground, have a picnic lunch, ride the carousel (Abby's fave), go to the Barnyard, ride the train, and mine for gems (Nate's fave)!
Wednesday was the day they had been waiting for! They travelled to Aunt Bebe & Uncle Mike's house to meet cousins Anderson & Gibson ....and rent a boat on Lake Norman!!
From what I hear, this girl was fearless. She tubed for the first time, and loved swimming & jumping off the boat.
Nate got to tube for the first time too, but enjoyed floating & relaxing more than anything :)
Such a fun day! And surprise, surprise....even Poppy got in the water!!! (This a rare occurrence when it comes to lakes, believe me!) Uncle Mike was a great Captain all day, and even Aunt Bebe got in on the tubing action with Anderson. Gibson slept through most of it....#partyanimal
Anderson came to Camp N&P that afternoon, spent the night, and then Thursday morning it was off to Chuck-E-Cheese. I asked my parents why they didn't get a lot of pictures of the kids other than these - um, that's because I think they were a little outnumbered and busy chasing Anderson around, ha! All 3 kids had a blast eating pizza & playing games, and most of all.......redeeming their tickets!
![]() |
| Abby picked out a bracelet & make-up ring, while Nate got a coin holder. #perfect |
While the kids were in good hands in NC, Greg and I went on a rare date night. We ate at a local seafood place and then topped off the night with a donut.
| #weareold |
Friday afternoon, Greg and I met N&P and the kids in Commerce, GA (the halfway point between here and NC, and also the home of some great outlets)! It was sooooo good to see the kids....I couldn't get enough hugs & kisses!
We checked into our hotel and walked to a nearby restaurant, La Hacienda, for dinner. My Mom & I went early, so I could buy her a well-deserved margarita!
Once again, it was a successful "Camp Nanny & Poppy!" We are so grateful for the time our kids get to spend with you guys, and the quiet time we get to have here.
Just 350 days until next year's camp!! :)







looks like the kids had a great time! was this last week? my mom and your mom should have gotten the kids together :). addy was with my mom sun-wed and then I joined until fri.
ReplyDeleteI'm already planning for next year! We will make renting a boat a tradition says Poppy. Ha! from the one that didn't want to go in the first place!
ReplyDelete