Friday, August 7, 2015

First Day of School

It's hard to believe that it's time for school to start already!
 
The kids had Open House on Wednesday, where we got to meet their teachers & see their classrooms. Nate has Mrs. Wagner, who I've heard is fabulous and very challenging :) Should be a good year! He went right to his desk and wanted to see all the textbooks inside! #nerdalert
 Abby has Mrs. Bullard for Kindergarten, who I'm absolutely thrilled about. Mrs. Bullard's youngest son is friends with Nate, so we've known their family for awhile and I think the absolute world of Mrs. Bullard. Abby was greeted by her friends at Open House with lots of kisses, hugs, and giggles! :) Girls will be girls.
 
And then yesterday was the kids' first day of school!!! 6:30 came early for my two sleepyheads but they quickly rallied when I reminded them that I had packed a special lunch for them....a lunchable! :)
 
Here is my handsome 2nd grader:
And my Kindergartener's first time wearing a uniform! Big day! (Translation: no more battles
every single morning regarding picking out clothes. I'm so relieved!)



New lunchboxes!!

Let's go, Mom! Enough of the pictures already!

I can't handle the cuteness :)

Nate is so excited that Abby is finally in the same
building as him!

My Slim Jim :)
Greg and I walked Abby to her classroom to help her get settled. She was a little bit confused and definitely pretty clingy, which is not like her. Also, the school is trying something new this year, where half of the kindergarteners go on Thursday, and the other half go on Friday. It's a way to ease into the transition into kindergarten, have a smaller group, etc. They split up the groups alphabetically, and unfortunately, all of Abby's friends have names in the 2nd half of the alphabet. So, she was not happy that her friends weren't there! I told her on Monday everyone would be reunited :)
Finding her cubbie

Not thrilled

Daddy has the magic touch.....pointed out her pretty purple pencil
pouch and she was all smiles :)
 
Let's do this!
I was nervous to hear how their days went, but when I picked them up (from the same building! same carpool line!), they were both ALL smiles. And very very very talkative. In fact, they started fighting right away b/c they had so much to tell me, ha! We met some friends for ice cream at Orange Leaf and I heard all about it....

The first two things Nate told me about were incentive programs and rewards they can earn, ha! He was excited to visit the computer lab, his lunchtime was way too short, he liked how organized his desk was, and he thinks his teacher is very strict :)
 
Abby had fun going on a scavenger hunt around the school for Pete The Cat, made two new friends (Bella & Roberto), got rained on at recess while she was swinging, thought lunch was too short, liked the reading center in her classroom, and said her jumper was very comfortable :)
 
I'm excited for another great year at Holy Spirit!

3 comments:

  1. I love back-to-school posts! What a perfect student Nate is!! I love that BOTH their days went smoothly! And Abby couldn't be more adorable in that jumper!! So cute! Here's to a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Abby's purple pencil pouch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like everyone is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete