Thursday, August 20, 2015

Nate is 8! [Part 1]

My boy is turning EIGHT today!!!
 
I can hardly believe it. That saying "The days are short; the years are long" could not be more true! It seems like just yesterday I was reading pregnancy books and buying his nursery bedding and feeling him kick in my belly :)
 
As a mom, you never forget the day your babies were born. Mine was an excruciatingly hot day, and I had been having contractions for days. The labor & delivery was much different than what I expected, but in a good way thankfully. And I'll never forget the first time I held Nate....that was when it all became R.E.A.L!
 
(Click here to read more about my labor story.)

One of my favorite parts of the kids' birthdays is looking at old pictures. Without further ado, let's take a stroll down memory lane....


1 month


6 months


1 year


2 years


3 years


4 years


5 years


6 years


7 years


8 years
And here we are, 8 years old already. Greg and I are SO blessed to have this little man to call our own. I've said it before and I'll say it a million time.....he is hands-down the sweetest boy on Earth. He is silly, he is smart, he is kind, and he is an amazing big brother too. How did we get so lucky!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
For those that don't see Nate often I thought it'd be fun to share what he's "into" these days....
 
-He loves Minecraft.  (Duh, did you see the party post?!)
 
-He still loves to read, thankfully! Though now that he's finished the Harry Potter series, all books he reads seems to pale in comparison. He does enjoy the Minecraft strategy books, as well as the Spiderwick Chronicles and he's starting to get into Percy Jackson books.
 
-He is becoming quite the bike-rider, like his Daddy. In fact, there is a new fancy shmancy bike headed his way in a few weeks. It's a "big boy" bike.....Greg custom ordered it from his bike shop. I love that the two of them already have this interest in common. I see lots of trail rides in Nate's future...
 
-He is still Lego obsessed. I think we're going on 4 years here. We may have to start moving some of his "creations" into the guest room b/c his room is running out of space! :)
 
-He is newly interested in cars. His favorite: Mustangs! EVERYWHERE we go, he is pointing out Hondas, Saturns, Nissans, Fords, and every now & then, a Porsche! He has gotten Abby into too; they are so funny.

-Other interests: building, science, outer space, facts, circuits, gears. Yep, we have a future engineer on our hands!
 
Happy birthday to our sweet 8 year old!
We have a lot of fun stuff planned for today,
so stay tuned for "Part 2!"

2 comments:

  1. That just made me cry!!! No one compares to sweet Nate. I love watching him grow up and especially love watching Anderson want to be just like Nate. He is the perfect example. Happy 8th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is stil so beautiful and smart and sweet! Happy Birthday sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete